DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Rev3 - 26 Hour Adventure Race
CREATED: 01/10/13 by bfrey81 REPLIES: 7
bfrey81's ravatar bfrey81    JOINED: 8/6/12    POSTS: 2
Rev3 - 26 Hour Adventure Race
POSTED: 1/10/13 4:42 PM

http://www.rev3adventure.com/race/epic-adventure-race-2013/#race-info

Above is a link to the Rev3 Shenandoah Adventure race. It is a 26 hour race that involves kayaking, mountain biking, trail running, and orienteering.

Sounds kinda nutty but it seems to get right at the core of endurance sporting and the great outdoors. I've never done such a thing but would love to get started.

They have divisions for teams of 1, 2 and 4. I would like to assemble or join a team of enthusiast if there are others that are interested or looking for another participant.

Hoping to hear from others that have any interest or experience in the race.

Cheers!

Ben
bfrey81@gmail.com

DoggyBrown's ravatar DoggyBrown    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 137
RE: Rev3 - 26 Hour Adventure Race
POSTED: 1/11/13 9:33 AM

Travis and I did it last year on separate teams. It's a blast, but really tough. I'm sure we'd be happy to get together for a beer and discuss what we learned. Both he and I have done multiple Ironmans and yet this was still one of the hardest races I've ever done, both physically and mentally.

Phil

bfrey81's ravatar bfrey81    JOINED: 8/6/12    POSTS: 2
POSTED: 1/11/13 2:59 PM

Great to hear from you Phil. Thanks. I'd love to grab a beer and learn more. I very much enjoy all of the activities but have never done such a long race with such obstacles. There is definitely a lot for me to learn. And hopefully, its not out of my range being that i am currently training for my first half iron in May. I'd love to talk.

I am free on Mondays and Tuesdays but could arrange another night if those are bad for you. Feel free to call or text as well.

And if others, are wanting to chime in... please do so. In the end, i'd much rather do this with a foursome or twosome rather than on the solo team.

Cheers!
Ben
bfrey81@gmail.com

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1060
POSTED: 1/11/13 5:51 PM

Hey Ben,

Here is the report I put up after last year's race (I was on a pretty big endorphine rush, I guess, cause it's kind of long): https://www.dctriclub.org/forum/messages.cfm?threadid=8BC81554-A5AA-BD12-F1E88B8107FA699C

I agree with DoggyBrown. Really tough race. BUT, completely doable if you don't mind pouring a little 5-hour energy down your throat.

We should also get out for some MTB riding soon. Mine is in the shop getting some new brakes but I should be back in action by mid-week.

-Travis

mikald    JOINED: 1/8/14    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 4/18/14 4:58 PM

Anybody racing rev3 this year and looking for a teammate? Also... if there are interested adventure racers, Im trying to put together a team for the jersey inferno. See post here: https://www.dctriclub.org/forum/messages.cfm?tid=B1B4FA83-E5C7-D36E-C68918901DDBA7A7&page=1

POSTED: 4/24/14 4:23 PM

Hi Mikal,

I'm just seeing this post but I'll be at the Rev3 Epic this weekend. Were you able to get a team together?

-Travis

mikald    JOINED: 1/8/14    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 4/24/14 5:27 PM

Not for rev3. But im am still looking for to put together a team for the inferno. Its a qualifier for nationals so i prefer to do a 3 or 4 person team if possible. Any interest?

POSTED: 4/24/14 8:49 PM

That looks like a fun race but I have to go to a wedding that weekend. Keep me in mind for future races, though. I'm not really doing any tris this year and just doing off-road stuff.

-Travis

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria