DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Swim help
CREATED: 05/27/09 by tgrollman REPLIES: 4
tgrollman's ravatar tgrollman    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 222
Swim help
POSTED: 5/27/09 9:54 AM

Hi everyone.

So, I am doing my first IM this fall and although I have done a few Olympic Tri's I realize my weakest point is the swim. I'm usually so tired just a bit into the swim and think it might have something to do with my form and breathing.

Can anyone recommend a local program or personal coach who can help me improve on my form and give me some open water pointers?

Also, what pools are the best in the area for training purposes?

Thanks for your time.

sandyc's ravatar sandyc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 288
RE: Swim help
POSTED: 5/27/09 10:03 AM

Tania - I had a really great experience with the Curl-Burke sessions held on Sunday nights at the pool at American Univ. They really helped to improve my form and endurance. They totally kicked my butt every Sunday night, but I highly recommend them! They also have open water sessions (I think the info is listed on our homepage).

ajulia's ravatar ajulia    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 145
POSTED: 5/27/09 10:37 AM

I'll second the Curl Burke lessons. The coaches we had are starting up their next series in about 5 weeks, although there is another session that just started. They really do cater to any skill level, and will push you harder than you would ordinarily go on your own. I don't have strong swimming chops, but I really felt like my form improved in 6 weeks and I think I might do it again. At least, the other end of the pool seems a lot closer now :o)

tgrollman's ravatar tgrollman    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 222
POSTED: 5/27/09 2:31 PM

Thank you both for your help. I could not find anything on the site regarding lessons, but I could have been looking in the wrong place.

I emailed the coach, so hopefully he will be able to provide some guideless.

Wish me luck!

Tania.

adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
POSTED: 5/27/09 3:27 PM

Tania,

The details on the Curl- Burke swim clinic is listing under the "Buzz" section of the home page.

Hope that helps!

Angela

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria