Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

ChesapeakeMan course ride Saturday 8/21
CREATED: 08/17/10 by emle REPLIES: 4
emle's ravatar emle    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 127
ChesapeakeMan course ride Saturday 8/21
POSTED: 8/17/10 9:32 PM

I plan on riding the bike course of ChesapeakeMan this Saturday if anyone would like to join. I won't be doing the entire course, but instead parking at the school on Egypt Rd (T2 of the race is here) and doing the loop 2x for 90 miles total. It's a good start/mid-way/stop point because there isn't a place along the way to refuel, so I plan on stopping at my car to do that. I would say only about 1/2 of the ride is along the Eagleman course. If you're familiar with EM there is a marina on the right and we turn left on 335 (I think), but for CM at that spot we go straight and stay on 336 (I think) then go through the Blackwater Refuge. FYI the refuge was flooded last week but passable.

This isn't meant to be a group ride w/ cue sheets and pace groups and no-one-left-behind. I need to get a long-ish ride in to practice my nutrition and get a very short run in afterward. Just thought I would put it out there that I'll be riding here if someone else wants to get a long, flat, windy ride in this weekend.

I started later than I wanted to last weekend, so I'd like to clip in around 7:15 or 7:30 at the latest.
Let me know if you're interested and we can plan on meeting up.

Emily

wombat's ravatar wombat    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 266
RE: ChesapeakeMan course ride Saturday 8/21
POSTED: 8/17/10 10:23 PM

In! I was planning to go out and do the course this weekend, including parking at the high school and refueling from my car. Are you going out Friday and spending the night or leaving Saturday morning? Just beware that a bike club (Annapolis?) is hosting a TT on the course this weekend - maybe we should ride the course in reverse so we're not getting in the way of the other riders?

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
POSTED: 8/17/10 10:51 PM

I haven't seen the details on the start times yet but I think that the TT may be going on for a good part of the day by the time they get everyone started. It's scheduled for 8 to 4. Also, riders will be parking/warming up in the high school parking lot.

BTW, I'll be out there for the TT and might still be around if you want to meet up after your ride.

emle's ravatar emle    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 127
POSTED: 8/17/10 11:45 PM

Funny thing is I rode the course last week and saw this sign and my only thought was "huh...I wonder if my classmate is going to race this. I should email him". Which I didn't and obviously forgot about the race. I checked out the website and parking is happening at a different school - not the HS on Egypt road - so we'll be OK to start/end there. I couldn't find a map but I don't think the 40k route follows all of CMan so we'll be with the pack of people for the first part but not the entire time. Not sure about doing the route as is or going reverse to avoid the bikers. It's also an open course.
Tammy - I was planning on going up the morning of but might change plans. I'll keep you posted via email.

Em

chad0022's ravatar chad0022    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 326
POSTED: 8/18/10 9:18 AM

We also learned a few weeks ago that the Marina does sell water and Gatorade. They were super friendly and had some playful dogs.

Have a good ride!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria