Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

In memory of Jeff Littman
CREATED: 10/06/10 by abbyjs REPLIES: 1
abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
In memory of Jeff Littman
POSTED: 10/06/10 3:01 PM

I just got an e-mail from from Midwest Sports Events regarding the passing of Jeff Littman, president of the Wisconsin Cycling Association. I'm pasting what they sent, below.

I'm on the brink of tears right now. I just met Jeff in August when I went home to Pewaukee to visit my parents in the middle of training for my HIM. I borrowed a bike from Attitude Sports in Pewaukee and went on some group rides while I was out there. Jeff was so nice to me, fit me with a road bike, pushed me up a hill when I almost fell off the back of the pack, and he probably wouldn't have charged me for borrowing the bike if I hadn't reminded him.

About a week before my race, he sent me a postcard wishing me well and inviting me back to his shop whenever I was in Wisconsin. Okay, now I'm actually crying.

Pewaukee was my very first triathlon. I never knew how much I owed to Jeff until today for changing my life and introducing me to the sport I love so much. I'm holding his card with his photo on it right now.

Be safe out there.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jeff Littman, a long time advocate of cycling and triathlons, passed away yesterday. He was hit by a car while riding his bike last week. He suffered severe head injuries when a driver crashed into him and Lauren Jensen.

Jeff was the president of the Wisconsin Cycling Association and the sponsor of our event the "Pewaukee Triathlon" as well as many other events in the area. In honor of Jeff and his dedication to all of us in the cycling and triathlon community, we will be donating $1000 or more ($15 from each Green Bay Duathlon entry fee this Sunday) to the Wisconsin Cycling Association and the Wisconsin Bike Federation. These organizations are strong advocates for the education of "safe cycling on the roads." At the Green Bay Duathlon, we will also have a short memorial service in memory of Jeff before the start of the race. He will be truly missed!

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 524
RE: In memory of Jeff Littman
POSTED: 10/06/10 5:54 PM

Sorry to hear about that. Sounds like he was a good guy.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria