Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

DCTri Club USAT National Club Challenge - Update 5 (It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas Edition)
CREATED: 12/21/12 by ballstoncyclist REPLIES: 11
ballstoncyclist's ravatar ballstoncyclist    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 495
DCTri Club USAT National Club Challenge - Update 5 (It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas Edition)
POSTED: 12/21/12 7:48 PM

From now on I will be crating a post to the updates I send to the NCC participants. I will do this to create a bit of institutional history about this.

G’day sheilas and blokes,

My spy in the Nation’s Capital—well, more like the foothills of West Virginia—Bryan Frank reports that weather is turning quite miserable…I mean Christmassy. On my side of the world it is quite unpleasant as well, in the 70s with a tad of humidity, so I’ve been doing my runs on the trails by the ocean where the breeze offers some nice refreshment. That is, off course, unless I am swimming in the Andrew ‘Boy’ Charlton Pool (50-m outside pool by the water…and I am not making the name up, seriously).

So, with the bad weather, and as I said last week: “When life gets you down do you wanna know what you gotta do?....Just keep swimming” So here are more swimming opportunities.

Extra Holiday Swim at Wilson: Friday, Dec 28

With so many people away for the holidays, the DC Tri Club Masters Program is offering one more Friday swims at Wilson pool (7-8 p.m.) for those interested. Get first dibs for these swims by signing up through the link http://www.eventbrite.com/event/5054951496

Swim in the New Year: December 31, 2012 10am-2pm

This is a great event to end swim month with a bang. New Year fun swim consisting of 2012 yards x 1, 2, 3, 4, or 5 (your choice)! The distance can be swum in any manner: in intervals, as one continuous swim, as a workout, or with equipment. Swim is at the Eppley Recreation Facility pool at the University of Maryland in College Park, MD and the entry fee is $9. Last year they provided food. http://www.terrapinmasters.org/NY2012.htm

So, who is going for the 10,060? Katie, Steph, Victoria, Hilary, Mike? I wonder if we can get Mr. Prez and Mr. Frank to battle it out in the pool. I hear Bryan is faster, but Ryan can go the distance.

How is Elliott Doing?

The super awesome Elliott Lane is currently the Top Athlete in the NCC out of 2,892 participants. As I write this, he’s logged 1,253.65. That is just crazzzzy!!! (But I guess having a really supportive girlfriend—Katie has 655.7 miles—helps)

How are we all doing?

Well…simply fabulously. We are dominating the swim and battling for top runners. We are falling a bit behind on the bike to San Diego (we don’t have Southern California’s nice weather) but just wait until we get the off-season spin classes with Ron going and things will change. Check our internal standings, now including a line for the board, at:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AgcT1aGyVCiPdFJFS0lENXlUT1RBMUdITlc4UmFtdFE

Some special mentions based on results up to now:

Kevin D'Amanda: first in AG
Hilary Cairns: second in AG and only about 14 miles behind first
Liana Wyler: second in AG.
Katie Palavecino: third in AG. (Followed by 4 DC Tri Club members: go girls)
James Wilson: third in AG.
Michael Baba: third in AG

You can check the AG standing at: http://www.race-tracker.net/usat/standings_agegroups.cfm. If you see any errors with your age (as of December 1) or gender please let me know so I can work with USAT to correct them.

Keep logs Up to date

Please make sure you keep your mile logs up to date. There is a one-week limit to enter old miles. To enter your miles please go to [limk]http://www.race-tracker.net/usat/login.cfm[/link]

Bye for now.

Alejandro (from the land where one is required to wear thongs while on deck at the pool...pics may follow)

RE: DCTri Club USAT National Club Challenge - Update 5 (It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas Edition)
POSTED: 12/21/12 7:51 PM

http://www.race-tracker.net/usat/login.cfm

vkanders    JOINED: 7/4/11    POSTS: 45
RE: DCTri Club USAT National Club Challenge - Update 5 (It’s beginning to look a lot like Christmas Edition)
POSTED: 12/23/12 9:48 AM

I'm in for 5x2013 yards on 12/31. You should be, too.

Now let's just hope that the pool isn't set up LCM when we get there (like it was last year), because swimming 10,065 yards at once is reasonable, but swimming 11,007 yards (10,065 meters) is not.

appleseed's ravatar appleseed    JOINED: 11/5/09    POSTS: 20
POSTED: 12/23/12 10:52 PM

I'm in. San Diego here I come.

asovonick's ravatar asovonick    JOINED: 6/3/09    POSTS: 206
POSTED: 12/26/12 2:05 PM

Whoa wait a minute. I hope by talking about Bryan reporting from the foothills of West Virginia, you're not making reference to his (and my and many other important peoples') current residing city of GAITHERSBURG, MD! Gaithersburg is a wonderful place. Don't ask me why because it just is and I love it.

I hope for your sake Mr. EMPEROR that you are indeed referring to the Nation's Capital as the foothills of West Virginia and not my beloved little town.

-Andy Sovonick of Gaithersburg

SBsteph's ravatar SBsteph    JOINED: 1/24/11    POSTS: 83
POSTED: 12/28/12 2:30 PM

So I just tried to sign up for the Swim in the New Year event and realized it was mail-in only. Is this something that usually allows for day-of registration, or does it usually sell out beforehand? I haven't heard anything from the email contact yet. Thanks!

POSTED: 12/28/12 6:12 PM

Last year I registered and paid at the door.

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1059
POSTED: 12/29/12 11:46 AM

I received an email from the Terrapin Masters. It's $12 at the door. Plenty of refreshments afterwards.

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 505
POSTED: 12/29/12 1:27 PM

In! Pre-registered. Going for 10,060 to hit my NCC month goal of 50+ miles :-)

RT

SBsteph's ravatar SBsteph    JOINED: 1/24/11    POSTS: 83
POSTED: 12/30/12 11:19 AM

I heard back from the organizer and he took my registration via email. Looking forward!

finnegen's ravatar finnegen    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 56
POSTED: 12/30/12 3:41 PM

William H Rumsey Pool (Eastern Market) continues to be closed, lack of heat. No word on it being opened on Monday.

sewert12's ravatar sewert12    JOINED: 5/21/10    POSTS: 103
POSTED: 12/31/12 8:22 AM

Rumsey pool is still closed this morning, and can't do the UMD 10K challenge this year since it's a workday, so my swim month puttered to a close. Hope everyone logs a few extra miles for me today :)

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria