Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

SPECIAL -- ITU Technical Officials Training Clinic
CREATED: 05/27/09 by mmerson REPLIES:
mmerson's ravatar mmerson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 69
SPECIAL -- ITU Technical Officials Training Clinic
POSTED: 5/27/09 5:18 PM

I'm filing this under USAT because ITU is not a category. Perhaps after our awesome race June 21st it will be added.

USAT and ITU rules are somewhat different. USAT officials cannot work an ITU race unless they're trained also in ITU rules. It's not often that anyone in the United States has had a chance to be certified as an ITU official. For the new series race in DC, there will be a special clinic offered race weekend to certifiy a few dozen officials to work the race. Get to see the elite athletes up very close. Work directly on the race course or adjacent to it in an important role. Get a cool technical official hat.

If you want to sign up for this sprcial training -- taught by one of the most wonderful people in the sport of triathlon -- Gergely Markus from Budapest, please let me know. I will be submitting the list and very much want a strong contingent of DC Tri Club folks in there. You then will be invited to work the ITU race here and in other cities in the U.S. in the future. This is a terrific opportunity to do something that took me four years and travel to another city to get to do so sign up! This isn't hard to do and it's a LOT of fun. Let me know by emailing me at Melissa.Merson@triathlon.org. Questions can be sent to me there as well.

Melissa Merson
USA Representative
International Triathlon Union
Executive Board
Melissa.Merson@triathlon.org

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria