Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Sports & Spinal PT does NOT offer a discounted bike fit for DC Tri
CREATED: 05/27/09 by catgold REPLIES: 14
catgold's ravatar catgold    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 87
Sports & Spinal PT does NOT offer a discounted bike fit for DC Tri
POSTED: 5/27/09 5:41 PM

I was so excited about the recommendations for a bike fit from Sports & Spinal PT. I was especially happy to hear from this board that they are a merchant partner and therefore offered a good deal to members.

However, when I called to make my appointment, I was told that the discount only applies to individuals who attend "the clinic" and only for a limited period of thereafter. And there are no clinics currently scheduled.

Sarah was very nice about it, but I am still disappointed. She said that she needs to cover expenses. I get that.

I wanted to let you all know that members pay the same $200 fee as everyone else for this service. I have heard good things about their bike fit service, but I think I will keep looking.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
bike fit
POSTED: 5/27/09 6:57 PM

thansks for the heads up.

remember folks a bike fit session may be the best money you ever spend on a bicycle, more important than even the coolest race wheels.

nicoleshue's ravatar nicoleshue    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 136
Sports & Spinal PT
POSTED: 5/28/09 9:22 AM

SSPT is a merchant partner, and a very responsive, helpful and active partner with DC Tri Club.

It's up to each Merchant to negotiate with me, the Merchant Partner representative for the Club, what their individual partnership is going to provide to the club.

Some MP's simply give a 10% discount across the board, while others are tailored to various niche needs of the club, such as swim stroke clinics, injury prevention clinics, injury screenings, etc, usually at a 100% discount (free)...which is of considerable more value than a blanket 10% discount.

SSPT in particular has provided many free clinics, free bike fit certificates, free gait analysis certificates, free injury screening certificates, 20% discounted massages, and right now has a special offer to any of DC Tri's HIP for 25% off the cost of a bike fit to those members who attended the Triathlete Performance Enhancement clinic that they hosted early May.

The great thing is that we have many, many merchant partners, and if one doesn't suit your particular need for a particular service (geographical location, brands carried, services provided) you have options. My goal is to provide as many options to our membership as possible.

I encourage ALL members to contact me with any recommendations you have for merchant partners, as well as any accolades or concerns you have with our current MP's.

You can view our MP's here: www.dctriclub.org/index.cfm?fuseaction=partners.welcome

RE: Sports & Spinal PT does NOT offer a discounted bike fit for DC Tri
POSTED: 5/28/09 9:40 AM

I agree, Nikki. SSPT provides excellent services to the club. I've been to a number of their clinics - most of which were free - and all were excellent.

I only posted because I heard from numerous members that SSPT offers a discount on bike fit. I just wanted to dispell that myth.

POSTED: 5/28/09 9:44 AM

They do provide a 25% discount to the members of the DC Tri HIP who attended the Bike Fit Clinic they had in May.

That may be your confusion. Just like with the NTP, we have additional special offers for those members who pay for additional services like HIP.

drsully's ravatar drsully    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 30
POSTED: 5/28/09 12:37 PM

Does anyone know if they are FIST certified for bike fits.

Chad's ravatar Chad    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 116
POSTED: 5/28/09 1:26 PM

FIST certification is over rated....

See this linked thread below from a long long time ago....Justin Remembers...don't you Justin?

Read it all and let the debate begin....

http://dctriclubtest.org/forum/viewtopic.php?forum=25&showtopic=28051&highlight=FIST

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
bike fit
POSTED: 5/28/09 1:43 PM

drsully's ravatar drsully    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 30
POSTED: 5/28/09 1:52 PM

I completely agree with you guys, what might work for someone may not work well for another person based on their body. I see this all of the time in my office with patients being set up incorrectly because they lack the flexibility or capabilities of getting into that position. It sounds like the shop in NYC takes all of those factors into consideration, very similar to Andy Pruitt in regards to fitting process.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1312
POSTED: 5/28/09 1:53 PM

Let me just say I totally disagree with Chad and Justin and agree totally with Catherine. To quote Catherine

"Sports & Spinal PT does NOT offer a discounted bike fit for DC Tri"

LOL

:)

Tuan

JoeC's ravatar JoeC    JOINED: 7/10/05    POSTS: 213
POSTED: 5/28/09 1:54 PM

I am not sure if they are or not , but SSPT measures flexibility in your hamstrings and hips and bases your fit on what your body will allow. They will even provide you with stretches to help you increase your flexibility so you can get a more aerodynamic fit in the future. I had it done with them last year and I think they did a good job although my only complaint was that it seemed a bit rushed to get it all done in the hour.

SSPT    JOINED: 5/28/09    POSTS: 82
POSTED: 5/29/09 4:50 PM

The physical therapists at Sprts and Spinal Physical Therapy are not FIST certified. However, they are very familiar with bike fit methods such as FIST, Specialized BG, Dartfish, and other motion analysis software, and utilize a variety of tools in order to tailor each bike fit to the individual’s needs. Our approach is global and incorporates the physical therapist's insight into the anatomy of the human body and the biomechanics of the rider on the bicycle to determine a person’s optimal bike fit. The physical therapists who perform bike fits are also experienced triathletes and/or road cyclists with the expertise to assess physical attributes, such as flexibility, muscle balance, and range of motion and integrate this data with information from the real-time video analysis. This expertise not only enables us to determine proper bike specifications (X and Y axes; stack and reach) but also to recommend technique and physical conditioning that can improve a person’s biomechanics and efficiency. Our ability to bring the physical assessment into the process of bike fitting is especially beneficial for athletes who have an injury or are experiencing discomfort when they ride.

KMierke    JOINED: 3/11/09    POSTS: 43
POSTED: 5/29/09 6:27 PM

Fitness Concepts offers bike fitting at our locations in Annapolis and Fairfax and DC Tri members receive a 20% discount with the promotion code DCTri. More information about our service can be found at http://www.fitness-concepts.com/voxmax.html Write us at Info@Fitness-Concepts.com with any questions.

Ken

POSTED: 6/01/09 12:24 PM

Thanks for the post, Ken. If I hadn't already scheduled an appointment, I would definitely be in for this.

Fellow members, this is a great deal! With the discount the price is $120 for a fitting with one of the leading triathlon gurus is beyond a bargain. Seriously.

I've attended a couple of Ken's clinics, and had my VO2 max tested with him. I very much recommend his services.

RE: Sports & Spinal PT Bike Fit Discount
POSTED: 6/03/09 1:41 PM

Sports and Spinal Physical Therapy’s offers a comprehensive bike fit process. Our approach incorporates the latest scientific evidence and brings physical assessment into the process of bike fitting. Our therapists have the knowledge and experience to assess the triathlete’s physical characteristics - such as flexibility, muscle balance, and range of motion – and biomechanics on the bike. Their expertise enables them to not only determine the proper bike specifications (X and Y axes; stack and reach) but also to make technique and physical conditioning recommendations to improve the triathlete’s biomechanics and efficiency. More information on our bike fit process is provided below:

Duration: 1 ½ hours

Cost: $220

5 Step Process:
- Review Cycling History & Goals
- Musculoskeletal Assessment
- Real Time Digital Video Analysis
- Bike Specification
- Technique & Conditioning Recommendations

The costs include a follow-up session “fine tune” your bike fit, if needed.

All bike fits are performed by physical therapists who are also experienced triathletes and/or road cyclists.

DC Tri Club members receive a 10% discount. (Please note, that we will no longer be offering discounts larger than 10% to attendees of our triathlon clinics.)

Additional information on Sports and Spinal Physical Therapy’s bike fits may be found at http://www.sportsandspinalpt.com/services/bikefit-assess.asp

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria