DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Shirlington / Arlington Training?
CREATED: 04/08/09 by McP99 REPLIES: 11
McP99    JOINED: 3/25/09    POSTS: 5
Shirlington / Arlington Training?
POSTED: 4/08/09 12:40 PM

Hi all -

I'm trying to get back into the triathlon circuit after a bit of a break (okay a four year break.)

I'm in decent shape...namely...

- I can hold my own for 2000-3000 yard swims
- Run (when not dealing with plantar faciaitus (sp)) about 5 miles on a pop

But biking is another story - I suck.

HOWEVER, I'm determined this year to get back into things.

Does anyone know of people who train together in the Shirlington / Arlington are ---- or who want to train together?

Have a good one -
Cary

Ana    JOINED: 8/26/09    POSTS: 3
RE: Shirlington / Arlington Training?
POSTED: 8/27/09 6:23 PM

Hi Cary-

Did you find some people?

crobles's ravatar crobles    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 30
POSTED: 8/28/09 8:56 AM

Hi!

I wish i saw this post in april...i've been going it alone on the bike trail...that being said I would love to train with someone!...i'm in crystal city...but i'm often on the bike trail that goes to shirlington...maybe we can work something out?

my email is swaziland.heels at gmail.com

let me know if you're still looking for a buddy :)

anni    JOINED: 2/8/10    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 3/30/10 9:16 AM

i too live in fairlington and would love to go running or biking with anyone in the area. email is anni@vt.edu thanks. annalisa

milrep706's ravatar milrep706    JOINED: 2/18/10    POSTS: 3
POSTED: 7/08/10 1:02 PM

I live in Fairlington and would like to do some group training. I've just started this year and only have 2 sprints under my belt. I'm a middle of the packer and looking to do my first Olympic distance at Nation's. email is jnfuhr at gmail.com

orngwomn's ravatar orngwomn    JOINED: 8/25/09    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 7/08/10 4:43 PM

I live in Arlington (close to Shirlington) and I would be up for meeting for some group rides. I'm doing Nation's as well and Iron Girl, so the more riding the better
My email is miche2121@aol.com

Lzlhe    JOINED: 7/6/10    POSTS: 25
POSTED: 7/08/10 4:58 PM

Let me know if you guys plan any bike rides or runs in the area - I would love to join. I've been running 5k distance and biking up to 25 miles. Doing my first sprint later this fall. My email is leslie.e.vasquez at gmail.com

kerrikirkman    JOINED: 7/28/10    POSTS: 2
POSTED: 7/28/10 11:53 AM

Ill be doing my first long tri in sept. Im ok with the swimmimng but would love to join a group to bike or run. Im in shirlington area as well.
kjkirkman@hotmail.com

gandybt    JOINED: 11/8/09    POSTS: 53
POSTED: 7/28/10 12:34 PM

I live about a mile from Shirlington, right next to the 395/Glebe road intersection. For y'all in the area, I thought I'd mention that the Fort Myer O-club has an outdoor 50m-pool that's really nice for longer swim workouts. I'm planning a longer-ish workout this Saturday afternoon (2-2.5k - depending on how I feel after my AM bike ride) around 3pm. If anyone wants to come along, it's $6 for non-O-club members. I'm more than willing to offer up my car to facilitate base-access, since it's registered on Ft Myer. If anyone's interested, email me at gandybt@gmail.com

-Brad

kerrikirkman    JOINED: 7/28/10    POSTS: 2
POSTED: 7/28/10 12:56 PM

I would be interested in an am bike ride this sat
Kerri

ecrandlemire's ravatar ecrandlemire    JOINED: 4/13/10    POSTS: 63
POSTED: 7/28/10 1:00 PM

Hi, I live of Columbia Pike but will be heading down to Haines Point tonight around 7 if anyone is interested in catching a ride down there.

cplumer    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 8/17/10 9:26 PM

I'm right off Walter Reed near Shirlington and am training for the Giant Acorn/Oct - would love to join some folks for runs/bikes in the Shirlington area. Email is cdplumer@yahoo.com.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria