Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Triathlon is the new golf?
CREATED: 08/18/10 by PotomacTriathlete2009 REPLIES: 5
PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 514
Triathlon is the new golf?
POSTED: 8/18/10 3:20 PM

Bloomberg news service posted an article about the London Triathlon (Aug. 7 and 8) in which triathlon is described as "the new golf." “Lots of senior businessmen and women will network while training together, go for bike rides together.” Bankers, consultants, lawyers and CEOs accounted for 45 percent of the 14,000 participants in this year’s London Triathlon.

John Jenkins, head of GE Capital's London unit, is interviewed in the article. He planned to do his first triathlon at the London event. “If you find there is a common interest there, then why wouldn’t you all go for a bike ride or go for a run rather than just sitting there hitting a golf ball or watching a game of football or something?” asked Jenkins, 45. “Why not do something a bit more active?"

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-08-05/dealmaking-begins-when-triathlete-bankers-embrace-bikes-for-london-charity.html

sleenaerts's ravatar sleenaerts    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 29
RE: Triathlon is the new golf?
POSTED: 8/18/10 3:37 PM

It's certainly become as expensive as golf--and with just as many toys!

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 8/18/10 3:43 PM

"Thirty-five percent of all race entrants work in the financial services industry; 10 percent in the legal sector;..."

Further proving that banking business down last yr so lots of bankers trying to relieve some stress and idle time and lawyers get to keep on billing. I knew I should have gone to business school and not law school. However, Math: me :: swimming: Tuan.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1287
POSTED: 8/18/10 3:58 PM

I HAVE A CONDITION!!!

Why can't you people understand that!? You think I enjoy humping buoys out in the open water?

Tuan

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 945
POSTED: 8/18/10 4:20 PM

Umm.... yes, I think you do, Tuan. ;)

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 514
POSTED: 8/18/10 4:32 PM

So that's what's really going on? I thought you were trying to do butterfly out there!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria