This is the second of two clinics designed to help athletes improve their running form and fitness to become faster, stronger, and more efficient runners.
In this clinic, you will learn running-specific exercises designed to improve your strength, coordination, flexibility, and running performance.
Date: Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Time: 7pm – 8pm
Location: Sports + Spinal Physical Therapy, 2175 K Street, NW, Suite C-120, Washington, DC 20037
Topics to be covered in this clinic include:
- The key components of an efficient running technique
- Drills to establish an efficient, powerful running form
- Stretches and activities to improve your mobility and flexibility
- Strength exercises to improve your power and endurance
- Running fitness and cross training
Come dressed ready to move!
Instructor: This hands-on clinic will be presented by Dr. Robert Gillanders, PT, DPT. Dr. Gillanders is a 25-time marathon/ultra-marathon racer, whose accomplishments include the Grindstone 100 mile trail race, and an experienced iron-man triathlete.
To learn more about Sports + Spinal Physical Therapy, please visit us at www.ssptdc.com and www.facebook.com/ssptdc.
Information on this clinic is also available at: http://www.ssptdc.com/services/running-technique-clinic-part-2.asp.