Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

2010 Musselman Weekend Roll Call
CREATED: 01/31/10 by rtroll REPLIES: 38
rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 501
2010 Musselman Weekend Roll Call
POSTED: 1/31/10 11:07 PM

Hey so I've heard various chatter that DC Tri will once again have an entourage heading up to Geneva, NY to compete in Musselman this year. I'm all signed up for DoubleMussel (sprint & 70.3).

Geneva is my hometown and each year I've held a pre-race dinner on Saturday night at my house for anyone interested. I know this is really early but wanted to start planning ahead to get an idea of who is doing the race. Anyone doing the micro-mussel on Friday night!?

Happy training!
RT

redsv's ravatar redsv    JOINED: 10/26/09    POSTS: 45
RE: 2010 Musselman Weekend Roll Call
POSTED: 2/01/10 12:02 PM

My daughter and I are signed up for Musselman. I'm doing the half and my 8 year old is doing the Musselkids. We're staying in the athlete village (dorm room) and are really looking forward to it. I hope a good contingent goes. If you're really doing a pre-race dinner and don't mind kids, I'd be totally up for that.

catgold's ravatar catgold    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 87
POSTED: 2/01/10 12:33 PM

Glad to hear you'll be there again, Ryan. I am heading up again, too, though I haven't decided which race I'm doing. I have pledged to do short races and relays this year though I don't know if I can resist an attempt to beat my 70.3 time from last year.

Just to let you know, Team Z will be up there in full force this time around. Please feel free to join our festivities. Don't say I didn't warn you :)

Cat

adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
POSTED: 2/01/10 1:29 PM

I'm registered for the DoubleMussel also. I'll also be there to watch the minisprint on Friday night.

DoggyBrown's ravatar DoggyBrown    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 137
POSTED: 2/01/10 3:31 PM

We had a great time up there last year--highly recommend it. The race course is good, the town is nice, the race has good swag and organization.

This is two weeks after Ironman Coeur d'Alene, so I guess I'm not going to go. It's a shame, because I'd like to defend my DoubleMussel Crown.

Have fun, those who do go.

Phil

ellove524    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 53
POSTED: 4/08/10 2:34 PM

I am signed up for Musselman, which will be my first half. Plan to head up Friday. Hope everyone's training is going well!

Erin

mandileissoo's ravatar mandileissoo    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 17
POSTED: 6/21/10 3:00 PM

I'll be at Musselman, my first half, and would love to meet up with others from the club. I'm also staying at the athlete village. Is the pre-race dinner happening? Can we bring non-racers? I'd be happy to contribute to the cause.

Looking forward to a great race! Good luck in the final weeks of training!

Mandi

amacos's ravatar amacos    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 157
POSTED: 6/21/10 3:16 PM

Matt and I will be there as well. In for the DoubleMussel (sprint & 70.3). Cheers! Adriana

redsv's ravatar redsv    JOINED: 10/26/09    POSTS: 45
POSTED: 6/21/10 3:21 PM

The DoubleMussel! You are my new heros! LOL

I look forward to meeting you.

Dave

jules    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 110
POSTED: 6/21/10 5:18 PM

I am in for the Musselman Half! See you there!

Julie

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 615
POSTED: 6/21/10 10:37 PM

Good luck! Especially Mandi and Erin cause you've worked so hard for your first Half's and you are like goddesses of training and rock n roll going to dominate. Looking forward to reading your race reports. Good luck kids :)

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 953
POSTED: 6/22/10 9:45 AM

Must have to have been around a long time to understand that humor.... 'cause I don't....

POSTED: 6/22/10 9:51 AM

Edit: Back to the matter at hand, Good Luck Musselmen!

DoggyBrown's ravatar DoggyBrown    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 137
POSTED: 6/22/10 10:24 AM

Good luck to all doing it! It was great last year. Enjoy!

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1048
POSTED: 6/22/10 11:10 AM

Good luck to everyone going up to Musselman! But, how did it get it's title? Do they have mussels for the post-race meal?

POSTED: 6/22/10 12:00 PM

Edited my posts today - I was just messing around but can understand that there are a lot more people nowadays reading this forum and sensitivity is key. Probably in bad taste - just an attempt at humor. Go crush that course!

chad0022's ravatar chad0022    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 332
POSTED: 6/22/10 1:13 PM

I LOVE this race, it was my first half in 2008! Have fun everyone.

Hugh - from the website
Why do you keep misspelling "muscle?"
The name of the race was inspired by the legions of Zebra Mussels now inhabiting many of the Finger Lakes. The mussels keep the water crystal clear by filtering much of the algae as food.

I have heard there are evil, sharp shells in the lake that will cut my feet. Is this true?
There are zebra mussels in the lake, but if you take precautions they won't bother you. The mussels are an invasive species with no natural enemies, so they are numerous, small, and their shells are quite sharp.
But they only exist on rocks at the bottom. The beginning of the swim is sandy, and the end is on the smooth concrete of a boat launch, so no mussels. The swim course for 2010 is the same as 2009, which eliminated all problems with the wiley mussels due to deep water. You run little risk of stepping on a mussel, but if you are nervous about this prospect, you can avoid cuts by wearing booties, socks, or using small strips of duct tape to cover your feet.

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 501
POSTED: 6/22/10 2:46 PM

So it looks like we'll have between 10 and 15 ppl from DC Tri up in my home town representin! I was chatting with Julie over the weekend and was thinking it would be great to bring the DC Tri tent up and get it setup near the finish line. Problemo is I'm not sure we'll have someone to setup the tent while those of us who are racing are out on the course. I'm doing the DoubleMussel so I'm out for both days. I could see about getting it setup on Friday night.

Either way, let me check with the race director on tent logistics and see if it's even doable. Then I have to see if I cna fit that thing on my roof rack.

Also, can I get a show of hands of those that might be interested in doing a pre-race dinner at my parents house on Saturday night? I'm trying to determine if I should bug my mom to make her famous sauce and meatballs.

Looking forward to the race it's a great one!

adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
POSTED: 6/22/10 2:53 PM

Ryan,

Julie and I will both be in Geneva doing the Half Ironman so we'll bring the tent. We're coming up on Friday afternoon and watching the microMussel so hopefully we can set up the tent when we get there. Please let me know if that's ok with the RD.
I would be interested in a home cooked meal the night before. Me, plus 2 friends.

I'm really looking forward to the weeekend!

-Angela

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1048
POSTED: 6/22/10 3:04 PM

Thanks Angela and Julie! I was a bit worried about my tent (I mean the DC Tri tent) being on a roof rack. One person can set that tent up as I did that at both Columbia and EM, but it's a lot easier with four peeps.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria