Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

2010 Musselman Weekend Roll Call
CREATED: 01/31/10 by rtroll REPLIES: 38
rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 507
RE: 2010 Musselman Weekend Roll Call
POSTED: 6/23/10 6:58 AM

Just got word back from the RD and we're good to go. I should hear back from his site manager who is going to hooks us up with a good location for the tent!

Micromussel looks like its going to be a good time. Anyone from DC Tri doing that race on Friday night?

RT

catgold's ravatar catgold    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 87
POSTED: 6/23/10 10:29 AM

Yup, I'm in for micro-mussel. I got my pink tricycle off craigslist last week. I figure I have an advantage b/c I'm short :) It should be a blast.

Great that we'll have the tent out. I'll plan to stop by. Team Z will be there as well, and DC Tri clubbers are welcome to come by. (In fact, at least two DC Tri board members are Team Z members, too.) We'll likely be cooking breakfast, lunch, and dinner so please feel free to partake. Last year there was plenty of post-race food around (and really good food at that), but if you feeling like a burger or hot dog, stop by and introduce yourself. Generally suggested donations to the grub fund are $5 for breakfast or lunch, plus $1 for each beer (not sure if there will be beer at this race).

If anyone has any questions, please drop me a line. This was my first half last year and I really enjoyed it.

lizlee33    JOINED: 12/8/09    POSTS: 2
POSTED: 6/27/10 6:26 AM

Hi! Sorry to join in on thread this late. My name is Liz, and I'm a new member of the club. I've been planning/training for the Musselman together w/Mandi. This will be my first 1/2 iron, and it's great to hear how fab the race is from all these posts.

I'm planning to attend the pre-race dinner as well. Looking forward to meeting you all!

- Liz

POSTED: 6/27/10 9:15 AM

Ok so far for the pre-race dinner I have:

Dave (redsv) + 1
mandileissoo + 2?
Angela (adilks) + 2
Liz (lizlee)

I also have a few of my friends doing the race so looks like our current head count for dinner is around 12. Anyone else? I need to give mom a head count for the food.

I'll send out final details and directions probably sometime the week leading up to the race.

Ryan

mandileissoo's ravatar mandileissoo    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 17
POSTED: 6/29/10 2:35 PM

Count me in for myself plus my two friends driving up with me. If our plan changes, or they can't make it, I'll let you know ASAP. Thank you!!

Mandi

redsv's ravatar redsv    JOINED: 10/26/09    POSTS: 45
POSTED: 6/29/10 2:41 PM

Can I make it Dave +3?

adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
POSTED: 6/29/10 2:44 PM

Now that I see the size of the tent, I don't think we'll have room in our car. We have an SUV so I thought it would be fine, but we also have 3 bikes, 3 people plus gear.

Ryan, I think Julie is also joining us for dinner if your Mom doesn't mind. Please let us know what we can bring so we can contribute.

Angela +3

POSTED: 6/29/10 10:26 PM

Angela - I mentioned to Julie tonight that I actually have room for 2 more bikes on my roof rack if you guys are running short on space. No biggie on the tent but let me know if you need me to take a bike or two. When are you guys headed up?

All - I have a current head count of 15 for the dinner.

Ryan

ellove524    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 53
POSTED: 7/04/10 12:26 AM

If it is not too late, I would like to join in for dinner...Erin +3. Please let me know what we can contribute...ellove@gwu.edu. Thanks! Looking forward to seeing everyone in NY this weekend!

POSTED: 7/04/10 1:54 PM

No problemo! We'll plan for a head count of 20. I'll send out final details and a punch list of items for everyone to bring tomorrow night. Can't wait to see everyone!

RT

lizlee33    JOINED: 12/8/09    POSTS: 2
POSTED: 7/04/10 4:26 PM

And one more for me! My friend from Buffalo will also be joining, if there's still room. Thanks, Ryan! Liz

POSTED: 7/05/10 9:21 AM

Ok gang here are the details for the dinner, there is a 1pm and a 4:30pm mandatory pre-race meeting so assuming at least some of you are going to the 4:30 meeting, we will plan to start dinner at 5:30. So:

Date: Saturday, 7/10
Time: 5:30 to whenever
My celly: 585-415-7042

Good ole mom will be providing some homemade meatballs, sauce and pasta (and possibly lasagna) but there are still a few items I need folks to bring. To make this easy, there are 5 groups coming with guests so I've assigned each group to an item:

Mandi & Crew: Paperware/Platicware (plates, cups & utensils)
Dave & Crew: Bread, bread, bread!
Angela & Crew: Deserts (I like cookies but who am I to persuade your creativity in this department)
Liz & Crew: Salad & Some Basic Dressing
Erin & Crew: Drinks (I'm not sure what folks drink for pre-race but I'm thinking no soda's!)

Some local options for picking up said items are:

Wegmans which is located on 5&20 about a 1.5 miles up from Hobart & William Smith where packet pickup and pre-race meeting will be.

Tops which is also located on 5&20 but about 3 miles up. This is a little closer to my house.

See ya'll this weekend, hope you are tapering hard! :-)

Ryan

POSTED: 7/06/10 10:48 PM

Update on head count for those bringing food and other such items to the pre-race dinner...we are up to 22 people so plan accordingly! - RT

redsv's ravatar redsv    JOINED: 10/26/09    POSTS: 45
POSTED: 7/06/10 10:56 PM

Also, for those who haven't checked yet, the water temperature is up to 75 degrees (and climbing). A little higher and no wetsuits.

Dave

POSTED: 7/08/10 8:35 PM

**Update**

We now have a head count of 25 for the dinner so everyone who is bringing items please plan accordingly!

Also a general update on conditions up here. I arrived home today and boy is it hottt! Good news is that rain is on the way tonight and tomorrow during the day and the resulting temps and humidity will be in our favor. For those doing the Sprint, Saturday looks to be in the mid-70's and partly cloudy (perfect) and for those in the Half, Sunday looks to be a little warmer and sunny but hopefully the humidity will spare us.

As for the water, I went for a swim tonight and the water temp feels great. With the rain tonight and the lower temps tomorrow I can't imagine this race not allowing wet suits. It's been around 75/76 each year for the last 3 years!

Safe travels to everyone...

Ryan

phillybindc's ravatar phillybindc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 7/09/10 8:54 AM

Hey everyone! I'm heading up this afternoon to Geneva! Can't wait for my first Half! I don't have any of your cells to contact you to meet up for Saturday's Team Dinner. Can someone please call or text me at 703-581-9321 and let me know the details. Thanks.

Philip

POSTED: 7/09/10 9:48 AM

Philip -

My contact info and other such details are above. Are you flying solo or planning on bringing some guests? Just need to be sure I keep the head count updated so we have enough food! Also, I didn't list you above to bring anything but please feel free to improvise! :-)

Ryan

POSTED: 7/12/10 3:38 PM

Great job this weekend to everyone who came up to compete in (and cheer on) the Musselman race weekend. I'll have my race report up shortly but wanted to get a note out there to see if anyone is missing a women's zoot long sleeve top? I'm assuming it's one of the female's in the group but who am I to assume!? :-)

RT

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1064
POSTED: 7/12/10 4:26 PM

Hey Ryan -- Great job on the race! Looks like a good time up there.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria