Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

VO2 Max Testing
CREATED: 05/28/09 by drsully REPLIES: 2
drsully's ravatar drsully    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 30
VO2 Max Testing
POSTED: 5/28/09 12:54 PM

I am looking to get my VO2 Max tested and my lactate threshold. I know Tidal EPC only does VO2 testing out of the two. For those that have gone there did you have a good experience, also has anyone gone to the other merchant partner Quest for VO2 max and/or lactate testing? Thanks.

guinness    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 64
RE: VO2 Max Testing
POSTED: 5/28/09 1:02 PM

I highly recommend Quest. It's a bit of a drive in Annapolis, but it is absolutely worth it. They are consummate professionals who know the exercise physiology and nutrition data very well, and are able to interpret your test results in a way that is understandable and useful for your training. Simon keeps the testing equipment precisely calibrated, and he uses the appropriate equipment - a mask like a diving apparatus, that eliminates air leak (unlike face masks) and makes the data reliable. (If you're going to base your training largely on your physiologic testing data, then you want to be able to trust those data.) They are positive, professional, and always on time, and make everyone feel like their athletic effort is valuable, regardless of expected finish time. For testing and nutrition, I only go to Quest.

Anathea

KMierke    JOINED: 3/11/09    POSTS: 43
RE: VO2 Max Testing
POSTED: 5/29/09 6:24 PM

Fitness Concepts has testing centers in Fairfax, Virginia and Annapolis. We have performed over 7,400 VO2 max tests. In addition to VO2 max, we test aerobic threshold and lactate threshold and provide specific zones for heart rate as well as wattage and pace (if requested).

In addition to providing your test data, our service includes a 14-page booklet describing each zone, common errors, and how you can best apply the information to your training.

DC Tri Club members receive a 20% discount with the promotion code DCTri

More information is available at http://www.fitness-concepts.com/voxmax.html Write us with any questions at Info@Fitness-Concepts.com

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria