Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Stolen Pinarello F3:13 Bike
CREATED: 06/30/10 by geemaildoug REPLIES: 3
geemaildoug    JOINED: 6/30/10    POSTS: 1
Stolen Pinarello F3:13 Bike
POSTED: 6/30/10 5:38 AM

Please keep an eye out in DC particularly.
2008 Pinarello F3:13 Blue and White. Very attached to this bike.
http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/laf/1814783783.html
Please, if you see it I have a reward for it's return. Custom size 57, Easton Attack Aero bars, Selle SMP saddle, Zip 808 clinchers with Michelin tires. Stolen Thursday June 24th near Cleveland Park Metro. I have pics of it. e-mail with any info: geemaildoug@gmail.com
Thx.

urbanlumberjack's ravatar urbanlumberjack    JOINED: 3/25/09    POSTS: 143
RE: Stolen Pinarello F3:13 Bike
POSTED: 6/30/10 8:59 AM

I feel for you - i've had bikes stolen and it was an awful experience. As soon as humanly possible, print out a flyer with a picture of your bike and your information and distribute it to every bike shop you can find. I was in the Bike Rack the other day and some guy came in to have them put "normal pedals" on a bike that just happened to be on a flyer someone had brought in the day before. They called the cops, and 15 minutes later the thief was in cuffs and the proper owner was riding his back home.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 6/30/10 9:37 AM

what were the circumstances around the theft so that the rest of us can try to learn from it and hopefully prevent the same fate.

was the bike locked up?

was it left unattended or unsupervised?

was it stolen off a rack on a car?

was it stolen by force?

was it stolen out of a house/garage?

etc.

Yes these are honest questions as I want to learn what steps if any can be taken to try to prevent this same instance from happening to someone else.

gardengirl's ravatar gardengirl    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 119
POSTED: 6/30/10 5:08 PM

I am so sorry to hear about your bike. That is really rough.

After hearing about stolen bikes, I got my insured through my homeowners. It is a separate policy (similar to jewlery declaration) and I just faxed in the receipts. The cost was very reasonable.

Again, I am sorry to hear about your bike and am keeping fingers crossed it can be recovered.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria