Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

NTP Bike Clinic - Bike Directions?
CREATED: 05/28/09 by dwitt616 REPLIES: 9
dwitt616's ravatar dwitt616    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 50
NTP Bike Clinic - Bike Directions?
POSTED: 5/28/09 4:24 PM

I'm trying to consider all my options as far as how to get to the bike clinic in Bethesda this weekend. Metro is, of course, an option, but I'm thinking about biking there and back - in addition to our ride.

I live on Capitol Hill, so I'm wondering what's the best route and what sort of timeframe I'm looking at. Can anyone offer a suggestion?

I'm fairly solid on the bike and would love some company if people were in a similar mindset. Let me know!

-Daniel

rdejonck's ravatar rdejonck    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
RE: NTP Bike Clinic - Bike Directions?
POSTED: 5/28/09 4:45 PM

Daniel,

I was just looking at the same thing. If you take the Capital Crescent trail all the way to Barnes and Noble in Bethesda, you are almost there. That's the intersection of Bethesda Ave and Woodmont. Go left on Woodmont and it is a short trip up to Old Georgetown Rd (187). I normally don't like riding on the Capital Crescent Trail (too crowded), but I think at that hour of the morning it'll be pretty quiet.

I was going to leave Arlington around 7:30. If you want, we can meet at the start of the Capital Crescent in Georgetown under the Key Bridge around 7:45. I doubt it will take that long to get there (it's less than 10mi) but better to be safe than sorry. I'm planning on joining in for the group ride also. Anyone else is welcome to join, although bear in mind that the NTP coordinators have a group ride planned for after the clinic.

Oh, I should mention, I'm not actually in NTP, but as a mentor, I've been conspicuously missing from all NTP events this year. Here is to changing that.

Ryan

lucym    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 13
POSTED: 5/28/09 6:19 PM

Hi Daniel and Ryan,

I would like to join you on your ride up to Bethesda Sat. morning.

Daniel: I also live on Capitol Hill. Let me know when and where you would like to meet up before heading over to the Capitol Crescent trail (lucy.myles@gmail.com).

Lucy

POSTED: 5/28/09 10:53 PM

Ryan, Lucy - this sounds great.

Ryan, Lucy and I will look to meet you at the start of the Capitol Crecent Trail at 7:45. Lucy, I'll send you an email so we can chat about how late we can catch our zzz's that morning.

This offer is still open to anyone else who wants to jump on the bandwagon.

-Daniel

ajulia's ravatar ajulia    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 145
POSTED: 5/29/09 10:40 AM

Yup, I was also planning to ride up on the Cap Crescent, I'll see you guys at the start of the trail under the bridge at 7:45!

FYI, it's about 5 miles from Georgetown to Bethesda. I don't recommend taking the Metro... one broken elevator and your day just got harder :o)

avstewart7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 5/29/09 11:14 AM

I'm also in Capitol Hill and would love to join on the ride to Conte's. Daniel and Lucy, if you can let me know when and where you'll be, I'll see you there.

Amanda

POSTED: 5/29/09 11:38 AM

The plan right now is to leave from the Eastern Market Metro promptly at 7:15.

We'll meet up with others at the CC Trail at 7:45.

See you all there.

-Daniel

mdezee    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 9
POSTED: 5/29/09 1:38 PM

Just a tip on timing, I ride from Arlington to Bethesda just across the street from Conte's almost every weekday. From the start of CCT to Conte's will only take 20-25min depending on your speed.

andreahack    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 5/29/09 2:16 PM

I'll be joining you at the CCT under the Key Bridge at 7:45. Will be riding from near Howard U. See you there.

Andrea

jennycrawford's ravatar jennycrawford    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 38
POSTED: 5/29/09 3:14 PM

Daniel and Lucy-- I'll see you at the Eastern Market metro. Shouldn't be too many people hanging out there in bike shorts at 7:15 tomorrow.
Jenny

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria