DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

Saturday Brick
CREATED: 05/28/09 by chad0022 REPLIES: 28
adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
RE: Saturday Brick
POSTED: 6/24/09 4:31 PM

Stevepowell,
We have two gear watchers, Andy and Eric. They will be there from 8am until 10am to watch your bike and backpack.
Additional details are found on the page one of this post.
Have fun!

Max    JOINED: 6/24/09    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 6/24/09 5:02 PM

Hi,

In the area for a short time, looking for a workout, but need specifics.

Location and time. Distance and pace for both the ride and the run. Also, is there parking in the area?

Thanks, hope to be able to make it. Great website!

eric guzmanaalv's ravatar eric guzmanaalv    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 140
POSTED: 6/24/09 10:42 PM

As I was riding tonight at Hains Point I notice that they were fencing all over this mean that the might kept the fire works for 4th of july in storage there and keep Hains point close for a week I remember last year it was close and not every body stay to do the brick ( the Saturday before 4th of July)in the opposite way so if Saturday is close due to the fire works ( don't know ) please stay and will do it the opposite way to the parks and back is just a suggestion but the closing might happen.

Eric

urbanlumberjack's ravatar urbanlumberjack    JOINED: 3/25/09    POSTS: 143
POSTED: 6/26/09 12:08 PM

I will be there, as will Shaalini Ramanadhan. We are both new members and have never done a brick, so we're pretty excited.

amcbride    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 40
POSTED: 6/26/09 12:28 PM

DC Road Runners Club is starting their training program for the Army 10 Miler at 8:00am on Saturday at the golf course parking lot at Hains Point. Watch out for lots of newbie runners!

hannanguyen    JOINED: 5/19/09    POSTS: 15
POSTED: 6/26/09 1:17 PM

Dave and I will be there!

nelsb7p0's ravatar nelsb7p0    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 420
POSTED: 6/26/09 3:40 PM

Yeah I was out there last night and if the gates aren't opened tomorrow, it does look like it would be basically off limits since they put up temporary fencing.

This is my suggested route that would minimize cross-traffic turns and at it's only 1.5 mi short of the regular long lap (5.88 mi I think).
http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=2952229

asovonick's ravatar asovonick    JOINED: 6/3/09    POSTS: 203
POSTED: 6/26/09 8:23 PM

I saw a message board from last year about biking at Hains Point, and it noted that the loop was open from 6AM-3PM for a couple weeks before the 4th of July... Hope that's true this year also!

urbanlumberjack's ravatar urbanlumberjack    JOINED: 3/25/09    POSTS: 143
POSTED: 6/26/09 10:23 PM

i swung around hains point on my ride home from work, and the whole path was open. lets hope it stays that way!

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria