DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

some not so good news from Jane M
CREATED: 07/17/09 by janemangione REPLIES: 5
janemangione    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 16
some not so good news from Jane M
POSTED: 7/17/09 11:30 AM

Hi everybody,

I have some good news and some bad news that I wanted to share with you all.

The bad news is that I won't be able to do the race in New Jersey :( I was hospitalized last week for rhabdomyolysis. Luckily my kidneys are fine and I am recovering well. My muscle break down was so severe, however, that I am not allowed to do anything outside of regular daily activity, let alone train or race, until my blood levels return to normal, which has yet to happen. I won't be well in time for New Jersey, but hopefully I will be able to do a tri in September or next year at the very least.

The good news is that I have decided to still come to New Jersey and volunteer and cheer everyone on! I am obviously very disappointed that I won't be able to compete after all of my hard work and great strides, but it would be even worse to just not be a part of it at all. I think being there will be a little bittersweet, but you are such a wonderful and supportive group that I am just looking forward to seeing you all cross the finish line!

Although I won't be able to ride, I am still going to try to make it out to the pre-race clinic tomorrow so I can get some info to use on my next tri and to see everybody one last time before NJ!

Thanks for reading and see you all soon,
Jane M

ajulia's ravatar ajulia    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 145
RE: some not so good news from Jane M
POSTED: 7/17/09 12:53 PM

Wow, glad to hear you're OK Jane!

You are a trooper, and New Jersey would not have been the same without you.

Feel better!!

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 7/17/09 2:08 PM

sorry to hear that.

injuries and cancelled races happen to us all. do this sport long enough its bound to happen so its basically par for the course.

the racing season is only july so if you recover in time the sept and oct triathlon racing season is not out of the question.

good luck on the recovery and have fun at the nj tri with friends.

taxmuffin    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 7/17/09 10:27 PM

Wow! Take care of yourself!

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1064
POSTED: 7/17/09 10:53 PM

Jane M.,

Sorry to hear about that. We'll have to hook up in NJ as my plan to is to be cheerleader on the course.

ppgodes's ravatar ppgodes    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 83
POSTED: 7/19/09 7:04 AM

Jane,

So very sorry to hear about this very serious condition. Take care of yourself, and don't push too soon.

It will be nice having you there though. It should be a fun weekend.

Paula

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria