Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Bike Box
CREATED: 06/30/10 by SClaremon109 REPLIES: 2
SClaremon109    JOINED: 2/25/10    POSTS: 7
Bike Box
POSTED: 6/30/10 3:56 PM

I'm looking to rent/borrow a bike box for a flight next week. I'd rather not go through a store because I need it for an extended period of time (1 month-ish) and their prices are more geared to weeklong race-specific rentals. So if anyone has a box currently taking up space in their garage and isn't planning on using it this summer, please let me know.
steve.claremon at gmail.com

Also, I saw that Southwest says it won't charge extra for a bike box if it is less than 62 inches, and 50 pounds. Does anyone have any experience with this?

Thanks.

sandyc's ravatar sandyc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 288
RE: Bike Box
POSTED: 6/30/10 4:10 PM

A bunch of us flew Southwest to Austin last year for Longhorn 70.3. We all packed up our bikes and flew down with them, and there was not charge so long as your bike box was within their specifications. I think it was $50 additional each way if you exceeded their specs. Still cheaper than what most of the other airlines would charge for bike boxes though. I borrowed a box from someone, so sorry that I don't have one to lend you. Good luck!

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 898
RE: Bike Box
POSTED: 5/30/12 6:41 PM

Instead of starting a new thread about this, just going to hijack this one. I was wondering if anyone had a bike box that I could borrow. I need to travel to San Francisco next week for a race and hope to borrow one.

I leave on Thursday June 7th and get back Friday June 15th. I can pick it up this weekend or early next week and return it in 2 weeks when I get back.

I am willing to pay with a piece of The Rock, or a piece of Lombard St, or money too. :)

Thanks in advance. Just shoot me an email.

Bryan

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria