Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

NTP training for Columbia tri
CREATED: 02/01/10 by merglerm REPLIES: 5
merglerm    JOINED: 1/24/10    POSTS: 5
NTP training for Columbia tri
POSTED: 2/01/10 2:56 PM

Hi, I am signed up with the NTP but am completing the Columbia triathlon on May 22 instead of the June DC triathlon. I think there are others, including the leaders, in the same position. Would it be possible to send out a training schedule for Columbia or at least post the March schedule so I can move a month ahead in the schedule. If some of the leaders are completing this would they mind sending their training schedule? Any input would be much appreciated!

Thank you,
Michelle

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 500
RE: NTP training for Columbia tri
POSTED: 2/01/10 11:13 PM

Hi Michelle -

Let's connect at the HH on Wednesday night to chat about your race plans. The program we have setup is a gradual 20-week ramp up to best prepare you for the NTP goal race (DC Tri). That said, it doesn't mean we can't work with the plan to ensure you are equipped with the right training opportunities to prepare you for Columbia (which BTW is an awesome race IMO). Like I said, let's connect at HH.

What is your athletic background? Do you have any previous base miles (run, bike or swim) on your athletic "resume"?

Ryan
2010 NTP Co-leader

POSTED: 2/02/10 7:44 AM

Ryan,

Unfortunately I have to work until 9pm Wednesday night so will not be able to make it to the HH. I come from the background of running. I ran track in high school and have been running long distance ever since (marathon, Cherry Blossom most years, 10Ks). I have not swam competitively but swim about 1x for week and usually go about 1 hour with minimal to no breaks (last week i went 1600 m in 45 min. but was doing all strokes and drills, not just freestyle). Biking is my weakest. I own a hybrid bike which I use regularly for transportation and some for exercise. My longest ride is 40 miles. However I have a friend building me a road bike with clip in petals so I will have to learn how to do that. I played competitive ultimate frisbee in college and now play clique leagues in DC. Does this help?

Again, I apologize I will not be able to make it to HH but I have a requirement at work on that night. Is there any other way we can work out, at least a temporary schedule for now?

Thank you!
Michelle

svbrescia's ravatar svbrescia    JOINED: 10/14/09    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 2/03/10 2:34 PM

I'm doing Columbia Tri as well, and am also contemplating signing up for DC Tri. I'm going to try and make HH tonight but any advice would be welcome.

POSTED: 2/18/10 12:06 PM

I sent an e-mail to the NTP to get the March training plan but have not had a response. Would it be possible to put up the March plan or e-mail it me? I am doing Columbia and am 1.5 months into training without a clear plan. If I could get March I would really appreciate it.

Thanks,
Michelle

sandyc's ravatar sandyc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 288
NTP March training plans are online now
POSTED: 2/18/10 2:57 PM

The NTP training plans for March are now available on the NTP website.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria