DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

Olympic distance program
CREATED: 06/30/10 by LMR6478 REPLIES: 33
emsilly    JOINED: 6/30/10    POSTS: 2
RE: Olympic distance program
POSTED: 7/08/10 12:51 PM

Hi all,
I too just signed up fashionably late. I'm doing I'm doing the Bethany Beach Tri 9/25. It'll be my first olympic distance race and my first tri in a loooong time.

Really looking forward to this!

Cheers,
Emily

laxley    JOINED: 3/3/09    POSTS: 12
POSTED: 7/12/10 9:39 PM

Hi Matt and AJ,

I am probably the last person to sign up for the Olympic Distance Training Program -- hope that I'm not too far behind! I did NTP last year and have signed up for Nation's this year and am finding I miss the support of the NTP program. Looking forward to it!

Thanks,
Lolly
laurenaxley(At)gmail.com

ferguson's ravatar ferguson    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 199
POSTED: 7/13/10 6:23 AM

Welcome to all the new participants!! And to all who may still be thinking of signing up, bring it on!! We've put together a great program and there is still plenty of time to train for Nations & Myrtle.

garyjr123    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 29
POSTED: 7/13/10 10:00 AM

Hi All,

How much is it to sign up and how long does the program run for? I did an olympic about 2 weeks ago and have the Fort Ritchie tri August 8. I am definitely interested in signing up but need some more info.

Thanks,

Gary

ajm27's ravatar ajm27    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 127
POSTED: 7/13/10 1:53 PM

The program is $50 for a training plan and associated clinics/group workouts. The program runs for 10 -13 weeks depending on your goal race. Are you doing another tri after Fort Ritchie? Most participants are using Nation's or Myrtle Beach tri as their goal race (or other local races around the same timeframe). Thus the training plans are geared for these races. We could work with other tris as well. However a race in less than a month may not make this program worthwile. Hope this helps!

garyjr123    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 29
POSTED: 7/13/10 4:06 PM

AJ,

I am doing another try after Fort Ritchie. Nov. 14 I will be doing Miamiman and am thinking about Myrtle Beach. What are the associated clinics/group workouts you are talking about? If the clinics/group workouts are different from the usual dctri organized swims/rides/runs then I am definitely in. Basically, what are the extras I'm getting when I purchase this program (do I get personal or group training with you)?

Gary

laineym3's ravatar laineym3    JOINED: 7/2/10    POSTS: 122
POSTED: 7/16/10 10:04 AM

Signed up this morning! I think I probably am the last person :)

I didn't receive any email/invite either.

Looking forward to training!

Elaine

ecrandlemire's ravatar ecrandlemire    JOINED: 4/13/10    POSTS: 63
POSTED: 7/16/10 10:35 AM

Gary:

I am doing MiamiMan as well so let me know if you need a late season training partner. Take it easy. erik.crandlemire@yahoo.com

ajm27's ravatar ajm27    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 127
POSTED: 7/16/10 11:36 AM

To answer your question, we are doing group workouts and clinics seperate from the typcial DC Tri free clinics. We offer these club-wide clinics up as well. But we organize our own also. We also will tag on to some of the HIP clinics/group workouts if its appropriate. However there will be someone representing the ODTP at each of these group workouts/clinics to address Oly distance specific training/racing/etc.

We have several group workouts already planned. We are doing a group run in RCP this Sunday where we will have a faster/longer run, intermediate run and shorter/easier run depending on your ability. We will have a co-leader running with each group. We also have an OWS with group bike ride scheduled for August, as well as a brick workout.

For clinics, we are setting up an OWS, bike maintainance, bike handling, swim stroke analysis and transition/FAQ clinics for both Nation's and Myrtle Beach triathlons. Again, these are only open to the ODTP participants.

As far as personal training, that is not typical for a one price fee type program. However I have been going to events (i.e. training tris, Wislon track workouts, etc) and working with the participants on swim form, transition straregy, run form, etc. This is definitely an added bonus. However participants would need to make the effort to come to group workouts or DC Tri events so that we can work with you.

Lastly, if you do sign up and as with anyone else who does (i.e. Elaine), please be patient. There is a process that we have to go through (via paypal, etc) to get the updated participant list. Once it gets to me, I will get the Welcome Letter and training plans out to you. However please understand that everyone that is helping with this process is a volunteer! If you do not hear from us in a day (or two), please let us know. We do not want anyone to fall through the cracks.

Strelkauskas    JOINED: 7/3/10    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 7/17/10 6:15 PM

I just signed up...probably one of the last. I just moved to DC (yesterday) and am doing Nation's Tri in September. Looking forward to this.

POSTED: 7/17/10 6:43 PM

Welcome to the area and to the club!

For all new registrants, there is some lag time between when you pay and when you receive the welcome letter and google group invite for the ODTP. Turnaround time is usually within 24 hours but there may be exceptions.

Happy Training!!

-Matt
Olympic Distance Training Program co-leader

kimberrankin    JOINED: 8/30/09    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 7/18/10 7:41 AM

I just signed up this morning! If anyone sees this and can let me know where the RCP run will be, I'd appreciate it.

Cheers,
Kimberly

kimberrankin at yahoo dot com

baumdiggs    JOINED: 7/13/10    POSTS: 9
POSTED: 10/20/10 11:15 AM

Hi all,

I'm planning on doing my first olympic distance triathlon early next summer (2 sprints under my belt) and am interested in the ODTP. Are there any plans to run this program over the winter/spring? Thanks!

Christina

POSTED: 10/20/10 9:54 PM

Christina,

We are planning on offering an Olympic Distance Training Program again in 2011, however dates have yet to be set. Stay tuned for updates.

-Ferguson

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria