Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Bike Fitting with Smiley
CREATED: 07/18/13 by AROD REPLIES: 4
AROD    JOINED: 1/16/13    POSTS: 27
Bike Fitting with Smiley
POSTED: 7/18/13 8:59 PM

So I had initially asked whether I should get some Aerobars for my bike or do a bike fitting since I was having issues with my hands falling asleep and not getting any speed out of my bike. I was suggested to go to Smiley and I have to say thank you to everyone who made the suggestion. He changed the whole layout of my bike while explaining the reasoning behind all the changes and why it would be better. He also sent me parts he suggested but encouraged me to shop around and was not pushy as to buying it off a specific website. He was also very flexible in letting me drop off my parts and bike day early to make sure it was ready for when I arrived so we can concentrate on tweaking the different components.

I am super happy with my bike now and can't wait until my next race see the improvement. Thank you again to all the Veteran DC Tri people who suggested going to Smiley. I would totally recommend it to anyone.

Hcjosh    JOINED: 12/16/13    POSTS: 4
RE: Bike Fitting with Smiley
POSTED: 7/12/14 9:40 PM

I went to smiley, through advice from a coach because my bike was given to me by a friend, and although i never ran into any injuries. i felt my frame was too big. So i go to find out if a fit is even do-able or should i start saving for a new bike. Without hesitation Smiley jumped right in.He moved my cleats, seat, stem, and some more stuff. He also video taped me, and played it back so i could see i was riding a road bike in a hybrid bike position. As he made adjustments he explained why he was doing what he was doing, which i loved because i am a why person. He also gave me suggestions like strengthen my core and become more flexible. All in all it was a great experience, and i have gained significantly from it. (more aggressive position, more speed) I highly recommend Smiley.

P.S. Its true Smiley has no interest in selling you parts where as he is not in a shop, but his well set up garage. whatever he says you need. You do actually need.
Great Experience :)

pmorand    JOINED: 1/13/14    POSTS: 20
POSTED: 7/18/14 10:43 AM

Could someone please provide me with Smiley's contact info? Thanks! Patrick

kerrie    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 7/18/14 11:31 AM

Smiley's contact info -

Email: info@bikefitbysmiley.com

Kerrie

pmorand    JOINED: 1/13/14    POSTS: 20
POSTED: 7/18/14 11:51 AM

Thanks!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria