Damone    JOINED: 7/1/10    POSTS: 9
Anyone racing in these events
POSTED: 7/01/10 2:25 AM

North East Tri 8/15
Augusta 70.3 9/26

eskane    JOINED: 6/23/09    POSTS: 18
RE: Anyone racing in these events
POSTED: 7/01/10 11:12 AM

in for NorthEast. not sure what my transportation plan is quite yet.

Elizabeth

POSTED: 7/01/10 11:27 AM

Elizabeth -
I am racing there as well (obviously) I live in Odenton, MD. I have a Truck with a bike rack - if interested in car pooling.
damoneandmarlee@yahoo.com

kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 271
POSTED: 7/01/10 11:42 AM

I did both of those races last year and both are really well run, great races. You will really like Augusta- let me know if you have any questions about either one!

POSTED: 7/01/10 11:49 AM

well, I was still debating on Augusta, it was either that one or Big Lick Triathlon (same weekend)- but I think you may have sold me on Augusta :-).
I will be my first 70.3

POSTED: 7/01/10 11:51 AM

KMWPRO -
I will take any advice you can give me for Augusta!

POSTED: 7/01/10 11:52 AM

Guess, my main question is the bike course flat? I heard that rumor.
Thank you.

kmwpro's ravatar kmwpro    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 271
POSTED: 7/01/10 11:58 AM

I loved Augusta. The swim is with the current and a point to point, which you might think is a pain in the morning, but it's really not that bad, and seriously, the easiest swim you will ever do. The bike has some flat parts, but it also has a few rollers and a couple of hills, but nothing that will kill you. Riding River Road to train you will be fine. What's funny is that you leave the state of GA at the beginning of the ride, and are in SC for most of the ride, and then go back to GA. So you are racing in 2 states! The run is flat and through a mostly shaded downtown in a figure 8, with decent crowd support.

It's the same race director and crew that put on the DC Tri, Nations and some other big races. They did a good job. I'm definitely going to do it again. I've got Timberman this year, but I'll be back down there one year.

Does that help?

POSTED: 7/01/10 12:10 PM

Very much so! I am fired up! I am going to register today. Wow Timberman! What is your favorite distance? I am going to do this half and hopefully a full next year, then I will stay at olympic and sprint (to be competitive)... I am a fast twitch guy, lol.
Thank you for the info-
do u by chance have an address to put in my GPS to find the start point for river rd? Can you tell I don't to DC much...haha.

adilks    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 290
POSTED: 7/01/10 12:28 PM

Hey Damone,

If you haven't already signed up, you might want to consider the Halfmax in Myrtle Beach on Oct 2nd. We're hoping to have 100 DC Tri Club members race that day since it's the National Club Championships and the first time that it's on the East Coast.
http://ultramaxtri.com/races/mbt/index.php

abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
POSTED: 7/01/10 1:16 PM

Are you hoping for 100 for the Half? Or for any of the races? I'm training for the DiamondMan Half in Bear, DE, (yes, it's the same day as Nation's but if you got shut out, consider it!!), but I would totally close out the season with an Oly in Myrtle Beach....

Abby

POSTED: 7/01/10 1:25 PM

Any of the races since all three count towards the Club Championships.
There are 3 options on October 2nd:
Sprint, Quartermax (Olympic distance) and Halfmax (Half Iron distance).

I'm going to sign up for the sprint since it's 3 weeks after IM Wisc.

POSTED: 7/01/10 1:30 PM

Awesome! I'm in!

By the way IM Wisconsin is a GREAT RACE. I used to live in Madison, and I volunteered 3 times. The swim loop in Lake Monona is amazing--I took an 8-week Open Water Swim class there. As for the bike, you'd be suprised how hilly Wisconsin is... I don't know if you've ever heard of the Horribly Hilly Hundred Hundred... http://www.horriblyhilly.com/home.html

Good LUCK! I hope the weather is just perfect for you.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1319
POSTED: 7/01/10 1:32 PM

Angela,

Do you know if this sells out or if DCTri can get folks in after it sells out? What about club discount code or hotel discounts or a central hotel where everyone is staying? I'm on the fence.

Thanks
Tuan

POSTED: 7/01/10 1:39 PM

Right now there are still plenty of slots left in all three events. We'll try to keep in touch with the race director and let everyone know if it's close to filling up.

The board is also looking into a block of hotel rooms (I'll probably post info by the end of the week for some very reasonably priced rooms) and also other ways that we can help members get there.

It will be a very fun race and weekend. Don't miss out, sign up now!!!

POSTED: 7/01/10 1:41 PM

Tuan,
As compared with many other triathlons, this one (the Oly at $89 and the Sprint at $75) aren't that expensive.
Abby

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1319
POSTED: 7/01/10 1:49 PM

Abby ... I have an Ironman 4 weeks later. That's my main concern :)

Plus, if I'm driving all the way down there ... I'm going to do the half. I like my pain to be more gradual than the sharp ones that come with the oly or sprint.

POSTED: 7/01/10 4:18 PM

adilks
I will certainly consider it. I have a friend in Augusta, so I don't have to pay hotel costs, etc. So Augusta is appealing.
-Damone

POSTED: 7/02/10 12:11 AM

adilks
I would have to qualify to enter the HalfMax and it is going to be my first 70.3, so I think I have to stick with Augusta.

POSTED: 7/02/10 10:32 AM

There are also general entry slots for $245.
Qualifiers pay only $229 and compete to qualify for the World Championships in 2011.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria