Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Donate Your Old Bike
CREATED: 05/29/09 by DCDean REPLIES: 2
DCDean    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 19
Donate Your Old Bike
POSTED: 5/29/09 10:23 AM

Many of us NTPers have purchased great new bikes recently and may still have our old ones lying around the house. Why not finish spring cleaning by donating it to a worthy cause?

Bikes for the World collects bicycles and sends them to other countries where people are less fortunate. You can check them out here: http://www.bikesfortheworld.org/. Also, the World Bank is having a collection day on Saturday, June 6 from 9:00 - 12:00 Noon at the main building 1818 H Street NW (Farragut West). Note, they've made a request for a $10 donation toward the shipping cost.

The contact at World Bank is Adam Rubinfield, arubinfield@worldbank.org.

If you are doing the training tri, why not ride your old bike one last time on June 6 then ride on over to the World Bank to say goodbye then take Metro home?

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1736
RE: Donate Your Old Bike
POSTED: 5/29/09 2:13 PM

Is this an example of "recycling"?....

....You just never know what some people will try to peddle.

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
RE: Donate Your Old Bike
POSTED: 5/29/09 3:14 PM

Not trying to undermine the World Bank's bike donation program, but Chuck Brodsky & Co. run Achieve Kids Triathlon Camp in DC. I don't know if they formally accept donations of bikes, tri clothes, and schwag, but it looked like most of the kids had hand me down (or borrowed) bikes at their race. If anyone knows if Achieve Kids Tri Camp accepts donations, please post here. I have some extra stuff that I'd be willing to donate.

Also, when is that camp this year? Do they need volunteers?

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria