Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Can i borrow a Disc Wheel valve adaptor?
CREATED: 05/12/10 by zoom2zoom REPLIES: 5
zoom2zoom's ravatar zoom2zoom    JOINED: 5/5/10    POSTS: 72
Can i borrow a Disc Wheel valve adaptor?
POSTED: 5/12/10 10:56 AM

my Zipp Disc arrived last night to be used for this saturday's Duathlon training, but i realized that i need an adaptor to inflate the tube..

i called several local shops and none carry them in time for my use..

is anyone going to the training this saturday that i can borrow the adaptor on location? thanks for your help

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
RE: Can i borrow a Disc Wheel valve adaptor?
POSTED: 5/12/10 11:15 AM

No guarantee that I won't flake out when I wake up early in the morning, but I'll try to remember to grab ours to bring with me on Saturday morning.

POSTED: 5/12/10 12:32 PM

can i just use a pump hose at a gas station?

ecurunr04's ravatar ecurunr04    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 31
POSTED: 5/12/10 12:59 PM

NEVER use a gas station air pump for your bike tires. They run at too high a pressure. I also have a disc pump adapter lying around somewhere that I will bring to the DU that you can borrow.

I saw your other post about riding your new bike in the DU this weekend. If it is really windy I would think twice about riding deep dish wheels on a bike that you are not very familiar with. Getting used to riding aero is a bit of a hurdle, but throw in wind and deep wheels is another variable to get used to. IMHO its not worth risking damage to that expensive set up on a training race.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1332
POSTED: 5/12/10 1:10 PM

I will also add that whatever wind that you feel when you leave your home in the morning, it will be twice as strong around parts of Haines Point. If there is no wind when you leave your home, expect a good dose of wind when you get around Haines Point. It's like taxes and death ... a given that you can't escape.

POSTED: 5/12/10 1:16 PM

ok.. advice taken, will not use the disc this weekend..

Conte Bikes was able to get one and mail it to me, so i am good to go.. will put the standard wheels on the bike (and maybe bring the Zipp as backup), just incase the day is quiet with no wind..

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria