DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

When your skin's in the game...
CREATED: 04/25/11 by piyushdabomb REPLIES: 2
piyushdabomb    JOINED: 5/10/10    POSTS: 84
When your skin's in the game...
POSTED: 4/25/11 11:16 AM

Folks -

Recently, I've started feeling like my skin is drier than I want it to be, regardless of how much moisturizing and SPF'ing. Either I'm not using the right product brands, or I'm using it infrequently.

Does anyone have any good recommendations for Sun Screen products and moisturizers? I've been using Body Shop and Mission skincare products about twice a day.

Thoughts?

rojojade's ravatar rojojade    JOINED: 1/19/11    POSTS: 360
RE: When your skin's in the game...
POSTED: 4/25/11 12:06 PM

I've been having the same problem. And for my skin I have been moisterizing in the mornings with Kiehl's SPF 15 before going to work and it's finally got my facial skin to stop peeling.

I also use Neutrogena spray on suncreen that I get in bulk at Costco in the summer.

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 514
RE: When your skin's in the game...
POSTED: 4/26/11 1:05 AM

What about hydration and nutrition? If you're not drinking enough water, that can contribute to drier skin. (You can also get some water from food sources like fruit.) A moderate amount of "healthy" fats (polyunsaturated and monounsaturated fats) help to keep your skin healthy, among other benefits.

When you swim in a chlorinated pool, try to rinse off the chlorine as soon as possible after the swim session. That can help too.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria