Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Cambridge Ride (Eagleman course) Sat 4/30
CREATED: 04/25/11 by rah2774 REPLIES: 6
rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 250
Cambridge Ride (Eagleman course) Sat 4/30
POSTED: 4/25/11 5:17 PM

I know Sunday 5/1 is the Columbia bricknic... but I don't have many weekend days to get out to Cambridge to get beat up by howling winds always at my front, back, and side before 6/12. If it makes you feel any better, I'll be at the bricknic Sunday for more punishment...putting more collective hours on my bike in a weekend than I have for the past few months combined. :-)

Hope some folks will be game to do a ride or brick this Saturday. Let's say plan to clip in at 8:30 (which means you should be on the road around 6:15 - depending on how fast you drive and how quickly you can put your shoes on and fill up your water bottles when you arrive).

Fingers crossed the gremlins who painted over the EM road arrows before ChessyMan last year have been put out to pasture and the road markings are back.

laineym3's ravatar laineym3    JOINED: 7/2/10    POSTS: 122
RE: Cambridge Ride (Eagleman course) Sat 4/30
POSTED: 4/26/11 9:25 AM

I don't know if this fits into your schedule, but there is a charity ride that does the whole eagleman 56 mile course and a century option. It's on May 7th. Myself and a bunch of other DC Tri'ers will be in attendance.

It's still open for registration: http://www.6pillarscentury.org/

Elaine

ecrandlemire's ravatar ecrandlemire    JOINED: 4/13/10    POSTS: 63
POSTED: 4/26/11 9:30 AM

Elaine:

Will there be a DC Tri group meeting up at any specific time there? I will be there with a couple of other people. Thanks.

Erik

202jono's ravatar 202jono    JOINED: 2/19/10    POSTS: 26
POSTED: 4/26/11 9:43 AM

I'm in for the ride this coming Saturday.

Jon

laineym3's ravatar laineym3    JOINED: 7/2/10    POSTS: 122
POSTED: 4/26/11 9:48 AM

Erik- Last time I checked the MoCo group had about 10 ppl signed up. We're still discussing when/where to meet up. The site says opens at 7am, request no later than 9am start... we're thinking around 8am.

I will post here when we figure it out!

POSTED: 4/26/11 10:02 AM

Hi Elaine - I can't ride on the 7th (I'm heading to Lake Anna for Peasantman, I'm the volunteer coordinator)...so I'm hoping other folks will be free this weekend (and likely again on 5/14 - which are the only 2 weekends I can ride the course before the race because of other scheduling and training plans). It figures the one day there's a supported event I can't make it... oh well.

So, if folks are down for a ride in Cambridge this Sat, please respond here!

Hope to see you.

POSTED: 4/29/11 10:45 AM

hey, right now it's just 2 of us (me and Jon). If you're wanting to get some exposure to the winds of Cambridge before eagleman, now's your chance. Weather is supposed to be great this weekend (fingers crossed)!

touch base if you can make it tomorrow.

Still planning to clip in at 8:30 - but earlier if it's just the 2 of us and we're already there. I think Jon is planning to run afterwards. I can't bc the doc hasn't cleared me for that yet (plantar fasciitis)...

hope to see you tomorrow

-becky

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria