Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

MCM - No Official Time?!?!?!
CREATED: 10/25/09 by slashykk REPLIES: 4
slashykk    JOINED: 5/31/09    POSTS: 38
MCM - No Official Time?!?!?!
POSTED: 10/25/09 9:47 PM

I ran MCM today and PR'd. It was a great run, and I was pretty happy with it. Then I come home and look at my official results and nothing. It shows that I started, but it shows that I started at 8:02 (vs 8:15 when I actually crossed the starting line). It gave me no splits and no finishing time.

I checked a few other people I know who ran and at least one of them who finished (and qualified for Boston....) didn't have times.

I have e-mailed the race and scoring people, but was wondering if anyone knew what was up and/or was having the same problem. I guess it's not a HUGE deal since I know how I did, but I was wondering what was up, and if this is a legitimate gripe to try to get a free or discounted entry for next year....it's kinda a big bummer!

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
RE: MCM - No Official Time?!?!?!
POSTED: 10/26/09 12:36 AM

hey we can link this to the other thread on fast and slow marathoners.

with no finish times, you can't say anyone was faster or slower than another person thus no debate on who should get in or not. lol

sucks that you didn't get an official time, but like you said at least you timed it yourself. congratulations on the PR.

kev7's ravatar kev7    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 456
POSTED: 10/26/09 9:34 AM

Happened to a friend of mine too. Appears to be a problem with the timing system. Email the race director.

hppeabody's ravatar hppeabody    JOINED: 9/17/09    POSTS: 193
POSTED: 10/26/09 10:55 AM

My time that it is showing (as both gun and chip) is actually the gun time. It is frustrating when that happens. I actually got pretty hurt and ran my worst time ever so this one either way I would rather forget it but definitely good luck emailing the race director and mention that you know a few people having this problem.

Chad's ravatar Chad    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 116
POSTED: 10/26/09 1:16 PM

With 20k finishers there are bound to be problems. Usually the timing company goes back and audits the system and timing in the days following the race. That is why they don't designate the results as "official" until a week or so after the race, the winners obviously they can, but with the other 19,990 people they have to ensure the system was operating properly.

In other words...don't stress, don't flip out, don't send a nasty email (nice inquires are okay), and be patient as they audit the system to work out the kinks. This happens in Ironman races all the time and they usually clear it up in a couple of days.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria