Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Recommendation for Ortho- Broken Collarbone
CREATED: 07/01/10 by gardengirl REPLIES: 4
gardengirl's ravatar gardengirl    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 119
Recommendation for Ortho- Broken Collarbone
POSTED: 7/01/10 12:25 PM

A good friend broke her collarbone and needs a second opinion. It has been two weeks since her crash and it is still moving around. She does not want surgery and is seeking other opinions.
Thanks

RE: Recommendation for Ortho- Broken Collarbone
POSTED: 7/01/10 12:46 PM

I'd recommend Steve Bernstein at Summit Orthopedics... I've been seeing him for the treatment of my own broken collarbone and am very happy with the care/responsiveness of his office.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1287
POSTED: 7/01/10 12:59 PM

When I broke my clavicle, below is where I went. The doctor's name is Daniel Pereles. He's got pictures of himself in DCTri gear all over his office. Apparently he podiums a lot in his AG :)

He was a competitive college swimmer. He tried to give me swimming advice but I told him to stick to medicine. No surgery for my clavicle and an Ironman finish 7 weeks later. My break was pretty bad if you want to see pics.

http://montgomeryorthopedics.com/

Here was my recovery process in case you want to pass it along to your friend.

Week 1 & 2: In a lot of pain. On a lot of drugs. Stayed still in bed a lot

Week 3: On the bike trainer one day, out jogging the next.

Week 4: tested it out in the pool, continued biking, 20 mile run

Week 5: 112 mile bike

Week 6: continued with swim, bike, run. 2500 yards in the pool.

Week 7: Ironman finish

Tuan

sarahalow's ravatar sarahalow    JOINED: 10/14/09    POSTS: 29
POSTED: 7/01/10 2:13 PM

I broke my clavicle (along with a bunch of other bones) three weeks ago when I was hit by a car while cycling. I had surgery to repair my clavicle on Saturday and I'd advise your friend that surgery isn't that bad! Only 5 days after my surgery I'm doing my Physical Therapy with no problems and next week I should be able to use my arm for daily activity, again.
My ortho, Steven Danaceau in Arlington, had to dig the broken end of my clavicle out of my trapezius (where it was embedded), reposition it, and replace my torn ligament with a cadaver ligament. I came home from the hospital on Sunday and slept a lot the first two days but I haven't had any shoulder pain for a couple days now. If my back wasn't broken, I'd feel great. But that's another story!

merlinkim's ravatar merlinkim    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 294
POSTED: 7/01/10 2:23 PM

Dr. Danziger in DC is known as one of the go-to orthos for shoulder/arm injuries - I've had two friends who used him for their injuries and had excellent results.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria