DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Stolen bike - NW DC
CREATED: 12/14/09 by jen_ REPLIES: 7
jen_'s ravatar jen_    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 162
Stolen bike - NW DC
POSTED: 12/14/09 8:43 PM

Hey folks..

My bike was stolen this evening outside of SSPT during my appointment. If anyone works in that area or knows someone who does, please keep an eye out for it.

Here's my posting on craigslist with a better description of the bike.

http://washingtondc.craigslist.org/doc/bik/1510459662.html

I crashed my SS a couple weeks ago and now this. I'd rather not commute on my tri bike.

Thanks
Jen

KingsPoint2001's ravatar KingsPoint2001    JOINED: 11/2/09    POSTS: 99
RE: Stolen bike - NW DC
POSTED: 12/14/09 9:04 PM

Jen -

Wow that is awful. Sorry to hear that. My friend had his snowboard and bindings stolen from a mountain one time and we searched ebay and craigslist for awhile his board actually popped up one day a month later on ebay. Tried to buy it back...and called the cops in that town after getting the address of where to mail the money to. He got his board back. That might be like finding a needle in a hay stack but it may pop up. It's just a huge unfortunate hassle. A picture would be good. I'll do some occasional searching.

Pete

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
POSTED: 12/14/09 9:39 PM

I'll make sure they know at work in case someone brings it in. If you do end up posting photos or can send me some, let me know.

jen_'s ravatar jen_    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 162
POSTED: 12/14/09 9:42 PM

Here's a quick picture of the bike. I'll find better ones tomorrow when I have more time to look

http://www.total200.com/v3_2007.html

It's in the first picture in this album. The only difference is I've added a fender over the rear wheel. I know I have better pics somewhere, but this works in a pinch. I couldn't figure out to just find the link to that picture.

Jen

philotri's ravatar philotri    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 253
POSTED: 12/14/09 10:04 PM

I'm in at 1 but I should have time to call in the morning and then forward the link to whomever's in. Sorry about the bad luck.

lisalisadc's ravatar lisalisadc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 423
POSTED: 12/14/09 10:46 PM

That sucks. I'm sorry to hear that.

Lisa

catgold's ravatar catgold    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 87
POSTED: 12/15/09 9:40 AM

My sympathies, Jen. I was a victim myself this year. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.

FYI, if you have homeowners/renters insurance you may be able to file a claim.

Good luck!

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 686
POSTED: 12/15/09 10:00 AM

That royally sucks. I had a new Trek hybrid stolen on K st while I was taking a shower in a health club in the late 80s - it was my first new bike since I was 10 and got a 10 speed and the first bike I bought by myself. It sucked. After that, I never left my bike locked up on a DC city street again. The crooks know all the tricks to break even the toughest locks. It really sucks - I hope you get it back.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria