Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

VOLUNTEER for Columbia BRICNIC 4/26
CREATED: 04/08/14 by npleisch REPLIES: 7
npleisch    JOINED: 4/5/12    POSTS: 130
VOLUNTEER for Columbia BRICNIC 4/26
POSTED: 4/08/14 9:08 AM

Less than 2 weeks until our first BRICNIC of the season! If you've been to a BRICNIC in the past, I don't need to tell you how much fun they are. Come on out to bike, run, and EAT. The weather is finally turning, so it's time to BBQ!

As with most of our events, we need a strong volunteer force to have a successful event. See below for the roles we need to fill. I love these events but sadly I'll be out of town that weekend. So we also need a lead volunteer to coordinate on the day of the event.

Opportunities:
Event Coordinator: Angela Norcross
Lead Volunteer: TBD. In charge of disseminating and instructing volunteers on the day of the event.
Event Set-up: Arrive early to event and assist with set up, per event director's instructions. 6-8 people needed.
Event clean-up: Clean-up after the event.
Gear Watching: Arrive no later than start of event to watch bikes during bike and run portions of event. 2 people needed (can be the same as event/food set-up volunteers and/or grillers).
Grillers: Set up and light grill; cook food. At least 2 people needed.
Locker pickup: Pick up large items (tents, grills, etc.) from club storage locker in Clarendon in advance of event. Arrive early to deliver items to event. Requires a large car. 1 or 2 people needed.
Locker return: Stay after event conclusion to take large items (tents, grills, etc.) and return to club storage locker in Clarendon. Requires a large car. 1 or 2 people needed.

Date: Sat, April 26
Time: 7-ish am until 12/1-ish

astolz1's ravatar astolz1    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 535
RE: VOLUNTEER for Columbia BRICNIC 4/26
POSTED: 4/08/14 10:00 AM

Minor correction, less than 2 weeks to the first Club Training Tri at Gunston Manor 4/19 and less than 3 weeks to the Brick-nic.

I/We are going to ask for volunteers for the The Training Tri as well. More info to come.

More info for the Columbia Brick-nic can be found on the Club Calendar here.

Thanks in advance to all that help the club out, much appreciation!

BigRedViking    JOINED: 1/3/13    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 4/08/14 1:38 PM

On the Bricnic info page you can't pull up the cue sheet anymore given the changes to tri-columbia's page. Anyone have a version they could share?

POSTED: 4/08/14 3:26 PM

And I forgot one thing...
To sign up, email VOLUNTEER@dctriclub.org

jbauer    JOINED: 1/1/11    POSTS: 75
POSTED: 4/08/14 9:20 PM

BigRedViking - Thanks for letting us know about the cue sheets. I found copies from a previous year and corrected the links.

POSTED: 4/09/14 9:20 PM

We have a few people coming forward already to volunteer! Thank you! We still do need one motivated soul to be the lead volunteer. This person will coordinate the rest of the volunteers in the days leading up to the BRICNIC and at the event. You'll work closely with Angela Norcross and Justin Bauer (who are the Event coordinators).

Email volunteer@dctriclub.org to fill this or any of the other BRICNIC roles. Thanks again, it's going to be a great day of bike, run, eat!

POSTED: 4/13/14 9:01 PM

Thanks Jen Carroll for stepping up as lead volunteer! We still need help setting up, watching gear, doing the food shopping, and we need a couple grill masters. Email volunteer@dctriclub.org to join the fun!

jbauer    JOINED: 1/1/11    POSTS: 75
POSTED: 4/26/14 8:26 PM

Many thanks to our volunteers today who helped make the Columbia Bricknic a success again this year! We couldn't have done it without you! I know I've left a few people off, but I didn't get a chance to meet everyone. Please know that your help is appreciated too!

Jen
Marisa
Matthew
Tuan
Will
Chris
Lisa
Ihan
Zack
AJ
Ed

It was great to see so many of our members out there today. Thanks for coming out and enjoying the wonderful weather!

Justin Bauer
Director of Club Training

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria