Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Xterra Vortex3 full suit 2011
CREATED: 03/07/11 by jdruke REPLIES: 3
jdruke's ravatar jdruke    JOINED: 9/2/10    POSTS: 64
Xterra Vortex3 full suit 2011
POSTED: 3/07/11 11:21 AM

I'm looking at getting my frist wetsuit. This one was recommended. Anyone have experience with it or general first time wetsuit buyer advice?

hmooney    JOINED: 9/30/09    POSTS: 77
RE: Xterra Vortex3 full suit 2011
POSTED: 3/08/11 9:58 AM

Make sure you know the new USAT rules implemented this year for wetsuits, some only apply to international events some don't. verify any suit you get abides by these rules. some rules say the wetsuit can no longer be made of certain materials/composits, some can only be a certain length, max thickness and some say where zippers have to be or can't be, etc....I believe this particular suit meets all the requirements HOWEVER read and verify. Also, consider the time of year you plan to race the more material in your wetsuit the hotter you will be so if you're racing in the summer get 3/4 and no sleeves...also, 3/4 may be a new req anyway. Good luck.

hmooney    JOINED: 9/30/09    POSTS: 77
POSTED: 3/08/11 11:48 AM

I just found additional info on the Louisville IM website (this is a race I'm doing) pertaining to your wetsuite questions:

"What are the swimwear restrictions?"

Swimwear must be 100% textile material, which is defined as materials consisting of natural and/or synthetic, individual and non-consolidated yarns used to constitute a fabric by weaving, knitting and/or braiding. Simply put, this would generally refer to suits made only from nylon or Lycra that do not have any rubberized material such as polyurethane or neoprene. Swimwear must not cover the neck, extend past the shoulder, nor extend past the knees. Swimwear may contain a zipper. A race kit may be worn underneath swimwear.

"What are the wetsuit restrictions?"

Wetsuits cannot measure more than 5 mm thick.
Wetsuits are permitted if the water temperature is up to (and including) 76.1 degrees Fahrenheit (24.5 degrees Celsius) or colder.
Wetsuits will be prohibited in water temperatures greater than 83.8 degrees Fahrenheit (28.8 degrees Celsius).
Athletes who choose to wear a wetsuit in water temperatures between 76.1 degrees Fahrenheit (24.5 degrees Celsius) and 83.8 degrees Fahrenheit (28.8 degrees Celsius) will not be eligible for awards, including World Championship slots.
Full wetsuits are permitted (arms and legs covered).
The De Soto Water Rover wetsuit is PROHIBITED

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 498
POSTED: 3/08/11 2:39 PM

Be sure to visit our partner page to learn more about our discounts and to take advantage of our member exclusive discounts with xTerra.

Ryan, {Club Partnership Director}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria