DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

ALERT FOR WOMEN: EAST COAST RAPIST SPOTTED ON VA TRAILS
CREATED: 03/24/10 by MWally17 REPLIES: 5
MWally17    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 15
ALERT FOR WOMEN: EAST COAST RAPIST SPOTTED ON VA TRAILS
POSTED: 3/24/10 1:03 PM

Ladies,
Some of you may have read the Washington Post article about the DC Rapist. If not, please do so:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/story/2010/03/15/ST2010031501850.html?sid=ST2010031501850

I've gotten 2 emails from women who were on the Reston trails recently when they were approached by this man, followed, and managed to get away and call the police. The article says that police believe he's responsible for rapes all along the East Coast for over 13 years. He's in his early to mid-30's, about 6 feet tall, African American, built, usually wears camouflage, and typically wears latex gloves (he keeps his hands in his pockets until he approaches the women and the 2 women on the Reston trails said they noticed the latex gloves as he approached them). His attacks have NOT been limited to just trails. He watches women, knows their schedules, and will sneak into their houses. So please be aware when you're on the trails, try not to run alone, and keep your doors locked even if you step outside for just a minute.

patagonia_80's ravatar patagonia_80    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 77
RE: ALERT FOR WOMEN: EAST COAST RAPIST SPOTTED ON VA TRAILS
POSTED: 3/24/10 1:39 PM

THANK YOU for posting this - I will be careful on the trails and let my female friends know as well. I read that article and it scared me to death!

AndyJB444's ravatar AndyJB444    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 401
POSTED: 3/24/10 2:23 PM

Creepy...

I have also seen recent reports of a "flasher" on the Custis and W&OD trail closer in to the city.

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 3/24/10 4:09 PM

I just cross posted on DC Road Runners site. Thanks for posting.

jane456's ravatar jane456    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 69
RE: ALERT FOR WOMEN: EAST COAST RAPIST SPOTTED ON
POSTED: 3/29/10 9:50 AM

Reading this article had me pretty creeped out. Fortunately, the connection between the "east coast rapist" and a suspicious man on the trails of Reston are not connected. It's the result of an internet hoax.

That being said, I biked out to Reston on the W&OD quite a bit last year and saw some people that made me glad I was on my bike and not on foot. Please stay aware of your surroundings.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/crime-scene/east-coast-rapist/suspicious-man-in-reston-not-l.html

http://www.wtopnews.com/?nid=25&sid=1922183

Lindsey

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 3/29/10 10:02 AM

damn that is f-d up!

stay safe and diligent out there, always be aware of your surroundings,

one more reason to leave the mp3 player for the treadmills/weightroom/stationary bikes/swimming pool

let's hope everyone stays safe out there.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria