DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

FREE RACE - Mason Mile & Superstar Family Fun Day
CREATED: 09/26/13 by jrbruck REPLIES: 2
jrbruck's ravatar jrbruck    JOINED: 8/1/11    POSTS: 26
FREE RACE - Mason Mile & Superstar Family Fun Day
POSTED: 9/26/13 1:43 PM

Team,

I am helping organize a FREE RACE (it's a legit timed race) in the Courthouse Metro neighborhood to help support the Children's National Medical Center and the American Childhood Cancer Organization. The event director, Danielle Leach, unfortunately lost her 5 year old son, Mason, to brain cancer in 2007. This is the 6th year for honoring Mason and hosting this race and afternoon of sports activities, team building, and exercise promotion for children. We will be doing a blood drive, raffle for prizes (including an iPad) and various other community development activies. If you would like more information about the event, pleae visit http://www.masonleachsuperstarfund.com/mason_mile.html or contact me at jrbruck@gmail.com .

We have a lot of speedy members and bragging rights to the winner would good for one year :)

Thank you for your consideration.
Jon

RE: FREE RACE - Mason Mile & Superstar Family Fun Day
POSTED: 9/26/13 1:45 PM

Race day is October 6th and the race begins at 4:30pm.

RE: FREE RACE - Mason Mile & Superstar Family Fun Day
POSTED: 9/30/13 9:49 PM

We are currently looking for volunteers as well as speedy DC Tri peeps to show off their one mile pace skills. If you have interest, please register at http://www.masonleachsuperstarfund.com/mason_mile.html for the race and message me if you would like to volunteer. It's a great event to celebrate life and wellness and to show kids how important and fun athletic activity can be.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria