DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next Page

Deep Creek Coordination and Input
CREATED: 05/13/10 by nomisdc REPLIES: 125
sarahalow's ravatar sarahalow    JOINED: 10/14/09    POSTS: 29
RE: Deep Creek Coordination and Input
POSTED: 6/09/10 12:02 PM

Count me out for the weekend of the 31st. :-(

I got hit by a car last night (IN a bike lane!) and my orthopedic surgeon said no bicycling for 6 months. My shoulder and clavicle are a mess. I'm really bummed about not being able to do Savageman this year; there is always next year!

nbehappy's ravatar nbehappy    JOINED: 5/23/09    POSTS: 135
POSTED: 6/09/10 12:59 PM

oh no!!! well, i guess it could have been alot worse.
when is the madness going to stop? When are drivers going to stop mashing up cyclists?
we should all be thankful for being alive; that's more important than savageman anyday

JohnGinsberg's ravatar JohnGinsberg    JOINED: 3/29/09    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 6/09/10 9:32 PM

Thanks to all for the great tips on hill-training around DC and on ascending the wall. Love the urbanlumberjack Savageman-simulation workout, as would the folks at Crossfit. I think it'd make a fine club outing, BYO rocks.

Sarah~ Mend quickly. We've all spent time on the DL and empathize with your loss. Being able to do Savageman is a blessing contingent on so many things being right. I am 0/2 for last two years on lining it all up. Deep Creek Lake could be a nice place to heal, though crawling in and out of a sleeping bag's probably no good for you just now. Maybe we should chip in and rent a cabin with a hot tub, a deck, a grill.

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 488
POSTED: 6/10/10 12:43 AM

Anyone have an extra tent I can borrow for this? In my many moves this past year I have lost mine. Debating whether to bu new one or beg to borrow one! :-)

I may also pass out somewhere along the wall in which case just leave me there in peace and I'll nap with pleasant dreams of ascending the wall...

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 488
POSTED: 6/10/10 12:47 AM

PS...Sarah just read your post. I'm sorry to hear about that. Where did it happen?! Thankfully it wasn't any worse...

Did the person stop?

@John, I like your idea of a cabin :-)

RT

pmparker's ravatar pmparker    JOINED: 5/13/10    POSTS: 12
POSTED: 6/25/10 4:53 PM

I'm in for the Sunday ride and maybe the swim if I can get there early enough- working Sat so NOT IN FOR CAMPING...

I rode 48 miles of the course this past Wednesday- As I rode through Spring Lick Rd it was getting a fresh coat of asphalt and tar and 1-2" of pea gravel- I only had to ride through a mile of it, but I don't know how much of the road they were surfacing. Hopefully all of the gravel will be gone by the 31st, but will still be a rough road. For anyone riding in the next few weeks, be advised of the loose gravel!

This was my first time on the course- started in Westernport with the climb and did all of the loop except near the State Park- no dismounts on any of the hills!!! But, I'm betting that having other bikes falling over and zig-zagging around me will be enough to reduce my 3.3 mph climbing speed to the point that I fall over from lack of momentum! :(

slashykk    JOINED: 5/31/09    POSTS: 38
POSTED: 6/25/10 6:54 PM

I know I'm late to the party....but is there still room? I would LOVE to participate in this. Thanks!

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 611
POSTED: 6/28/10 11:41 PM

Hello sorry for the delay. Lots of good conversation here. Sara - really sorry to hear about your accident. It's been a couple weeks and I hope you are healing well. There's always the next race - the most important thing is your health. slashykk no problem. We still have spots and I think we're still at 32 out of 36 spots.
Edit: some mysterious person named Matt, lurking in the posting shadows, wanted a spot so I believe we're at 33/36

angicarr's ravatar angicarr    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 6/29/10 7:06 PM

I'm in, plus 1 (Suzanne Pender)! Nervous as ****, hehe :)

abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
POSTED: 6/30/10 9:30 AM

Space left??

abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
POSTED: 6/30/10 9:30 AM

Silly intenet with the double post.

lion88's ravatar lion88    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 6/30/10 11:53 AM

I would like to hopefully have the last spot. Look forward to rejoining the club. I see many familiar faces to include Simon, Ryan, Chad, Angie, and Lisa. I managed to find my way back to DC at least for the remainder of 2010. Look forward to seeing you all once again.
The Savageman race is an awesome race. I had the distinct opportunity to do this race in 2008 and am really looking forward to the opportunity to once again race it in 2010. I still remember all the DC Tri volunteers cheering us all along the course.
Pete

minime's ravatar minime    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 47
POSTED: 6/30/10 5:40 PM

Count me in!

Swigart's ravatar Swigart    JOINED: 5/16/10    POSTS: 29
Carpooling to DCL
POSTED: 7/01/10 12:40 PM

Hi gang,

I am wondering if anyone has extra space in their car for 1 individual + bike. I am flexible as to the departure time on Friday (could get out early to beat traffic) and I serve as an excellent reason to use the HOV lane on the 270.

Please let me know if you can help me out.

Sarah

sarah.swigart@gmail.com

svbrescia's ravatar svbrescia    JOINED: 10/14/09    POSTS: 18
POSTED: 7/01/10 3:49 PM

Count me in if there's room. Definitely would like to coordinate carpooling especially since there is only 2 cars per camp site. Thanks for setting up!

POSTED: 7/06/10 10:47 AM

Hey guys you are good. OK added campsite 112 for 7 campsites. I think we're at 38 people. Updated the original post. As an opinion, not sure why these large-looking spaces are limited to only 6 people each - perhaps a veteran of this trip knows why. They say there is a pad where tents must be on and that is probably it.

POSTED: 7/06/10 10:48 AM

Seems like were getting posts for rides and such, and this is a good place to coordinate. If you have a space you can offer, please let other folks know by emailing them, me, or posting here. Thanks.

merlinkim's ravatar merlinkim    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 285
POSTED: 7/06/10 12:18 PM

Alas, that weekend isn't going to work for me. You're back to 37. Also, based on riding the Diabolical Double during the Garrett County Gran Fondo, do _not_ expect to ride either the Double or the Savage Century and expect to finish before lunch -- or dinner. The first 60mi of the Double took me around 4 hours, and that was while my legs were still fresh. The Fab 50, on the other hand, is a great alternative to the Savageman Half course. Have fun out there! - ihan

PamS's ravatar PamS    JOINED: 1/26/10    POSTS: 345
POSTED: 7/07/10 12:25 PM

In :)

Pam

stiefler    JOINED: 6/2/09    POSTS: 35
POSTED: 7/07/10 3:55 PM

I've got space in the wagon for one person and one bike. I'll be leaving Friday from the Capitol Hill area but can be flexible about time and pick-up location. My email is stiefler at gmail dot com.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria