DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Monday Morning Ride!
CREATED: 07/02/10 by abbyjs REPLIES: 1
abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
Monday Morning Ride!
POSTED: 7/02/10 9:40 AM

Hey there!

I'm planning on doing a medium-length ride on Monday morning with a couple of other tri club folks--join us!

We'll meet at the Washington Monument at 9:15 AM and head out to MacArthur, then Falls, River, and my favorite: screaming down Persimmon Tree Road. It's about 30-35 miles round trip. If you want to join at the bank in Georgetown, let me know and we'll pick you up there.

The weather looks like it's going to get gross again, but getting up early just isn't appealing!! Bring water and slather yourself in sunblock.

If anyone wants to join for a potluck BBQ and dip in the pool on the roof of my apartment building, you are welcome to join us that afternoon!

E-mail me: abby.sanford19 at yahoo

abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
RE: Monday Morning Ride!
POSTED: 7/02/10 10:33 AM

Since I have been asked...

We'll meet on the "White House side" of the monument and I'll wear my tri club jersey. The pace will be about 18-19 mph once we get out on the flats on MacArthur, and then it's every man/woman for him/herself on the hills. :) We'll certainly be able stick together since it's not a long ride.

We can stop for a water/nutrition/potty break at the intersection of Falls/River where there are some gas stations and shops.

Cheers,
Abby

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria