DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Timberman-places to stay
CREATED: 06/15/11 by lisde REPLIES: 2
lisde    JOINED: 4/27/10    POSTS: 20
Timberman-places to stay
POSTED: 6/15/11 9:33 AM

Hi,

I am doing Timberman as my first HIM (Yikes!) and was wondering if you guys had any suggestions on places to stay? I searched the forum for some feedback and only got recommendations for places in Tilton and camp sites near the start of the race. I have seen places that are available in Laconia, Meredith and close to Ellacoya...any favorites?

Gracias!

Delisse

mtallent's ravatar mtallent    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 38
RE: Timberman-places to stay
POSTED: 6/27/11 9:49 PM

Hi, did you find a place to stay yet? I emailed every place around, they were booked, so I checked the website, and upon seeing that the Hampton Inn is $185, I was hoping I could find a roomie to split! Please let me know if you're interested... tallentmm at gmail, thanks!

carrie's ravatar carrie    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 18
RE: Timberman-places to stay
POSTED: 6/28/11 1:32 PM

Don't know about availability but I stayed at the Margate for Timberman years ago, booking last minute, and really liked it. Looks like it's comparable with the Hampton Inn in price, was just a short drive from the race start, and they have both a pool and small beachfront on the lake for practicing your open water swim pre-race (and beach bar for post-race celebrating). If you haven't checked with them yet I'd recommend it.

http://www.themargate.com/

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria