Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

HH Tonight -- Welcome the NTPers!
CREATED: 02/03/10 by siehndel REPLIES: 19
siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1061
HH Tonight -- Welcome the NTPers!
POSTED: 2/03/10 7:20 AM

Strap your snowshoes on tonight and come over to McFadden's to welcome the 2010 class of NTPers into the club. We'll be downstairs in the back room starting at 6:30.

-Travis

bcfrank's ravatar bcfrank    JOINED: 3/23/09    POSTS: 953
RE: HH Tonight -- Welcome the NTPers!
POSTED: 2/03/10 9:32 AM

The roads in MD were incredibly clear this morning, but I don't know how the VA/DC roads are, so I'll at least make it as far as the MD state line before I have to strap on my snowshoes. :)

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1047
POSTED: 2/03/10 9:36 AM

I don't know what roads you are talking about, but it's treacherous over here in MD. They should call the schools off for tomorrow too. Will be taking metro tonight. It's close to the GW-Foggy Bottom stop.

xena's ravatar xena    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 138
POSTED: 2/03/10 9:39 AM

I'll be there.
I drove in to DC from Arlington today.
The roads weren't bad, but the other drivers were idiots as usual.

Be there or be an equilateral rectangle!

POSTED: 2/03/10 9:43 AM

Sorry Hugh, then it must be just Montgomery County where the roads were clear. That might be because the county can afford to have heaters installed in all the roads.

chloevdc's ravatar chloevdc    JOINED: 1/25/10    POSTS: 63
POSTED: 2/03/10 9:47 AM

I'll be there!
Speaking of snow...the DMV is expected to get another snowpocalypse this weekend, which *might* be as bad as the December snow storm. Might be tough for people to get to the bike clinic this weekend.

-Chloe
NTP2010

ncrcoach's ravatar ncrcoach    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1047
POSTED: 2/03/10 9:48 AM

Bryan, I am just joking. That's the line I use when I explain why the schools should be closed. "It's treacherous out there." Actually, I live in New Carrollton and we have our own maintenance people who always plow so things are good here.

siehndel's ravatar siehndel    JOINED: 11/25/05    POSTS: 1061
POSTED: 2/03/10 9:51 AM

Yeah Bryan -- quit being such a Montgomery County elitist. PG County is EVERY bit as good as MoCo.

We'll keep our eyes on the weather and make a call about the clinic. Check the forum Saturday morning before taking off.

See you tonight.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 2/03/10 9:54 AM

roads in nova are a llittle slushy on side roads but main roads are fine now as of 930am.

yeap if it snows a lot that weekend clinic would be hard but not difficult LOL.. afterall as triathletes and race directors say "the race goes on no matter what, no race refunds" have to prepare for ALL CONDITIONDS. About the only time i've seen races cancelled are lightning and maybe a hurricane but not even a local huge forest fire on the course has stopped a race (IM canada 2003), but snow i've never heard of that cancelling things.

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1293
POSTED: 2/03/10 9:58 AM

Are the NTPers going to buy the veterans drinks like the do every year ? I would hate for the tradition to end ... I would hate for the NTPers class of 2010 to be known as the anti-Christ class. I would hate to slug through the snow and be all thristy afterward.

Tuan

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1741
POSTED: 2/03/10 10:03 AM

I may walk over there in special-traction Vibram barefoot shoes.

ajulia's ravatar ajulia    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 145
POSTED: 2/03/10 12:09 PM

Looking forward to seeing everyone tonight!

Tuan, at the first happy hour NTP volunteers traditionally buy drinks for the co-leaders. I'm pretty sure it was in the newsletter. This is why it is important to read the whole thing.

Julia

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 2/03/10 1:20 PM

lol.. great comment on the vibram shoes..

i thought it was the co-leaders that buy the ntp volunteers drinks at the happy hour in recognition of the work they are going to do over the coming months..

nomisdc's ravatar nomisdc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 615
POSTED: 2/03/10 11:06 PM

All I can say is that I did not get any drinks bought for me. That's BS.
PS. I love my new dragon avatar

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1293
POSTED: 2/04/10 7:21 AM

I want to thank NTP co-leader Casey for buying me a drink last night. It's nice to know that having royal blood has its priviledges. I don't know who this "nomisdc" guy is but apparently he's been blacklisted by the NTP leadership.

Tuan

POSTED: 2/04/10 7:49 AM

Tuan, it seems like the drink buying goes up the ladder: if the ntp leaders are supposed to buy the volunteers drinks, then aren't the board members supposed to buy the ntp leaders drinks? :)

POSTED: 2/04/10 8:12 AM

Ha. In truth there is humor. Not the first time that guy has been blacklisted, or the last. His latest avatar is awesome. Bryan I think NTP leaders outnumber the board like 37 to 1.

POSTED: 2/04/10 8:42 AM

That's all part of the NTP co-leader plan to take over.... I mean! HELP out! yeah, help out the board. :)

POSTED: 2/04/10 10:13 AM

Over Our Dead Bodies!.. Err, I mean, so glad to have your help! :::^D::

I really think it's the blood red of the avatar that makes the difference. Like it combines with the website motif. Excellent.

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1741
POSTED: 2/04/10 12:28 PM

Thanks to the organizers for putting on the event. There must have been a hundred people who dropped by, a high-energy bunch, a fun new season in sight.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria