Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Email order for Nation's Tri official jersey/shorts?
CREATED: 10/26/09 by PotomacTriathlete2009 REPLIES: 5
PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 518
Email order for Nation's Tri official jersey/shorts?
POSTED: 10/26/09 10:29 PM

I placed an order for the official Nation's Triathlon tri jersey and shorts from Craft using the email address given in an official email from the Nation's Tri organizers. They said there was a deadline of Oct. 12 to place an order for these custom items. I filled out the spreadsheet order form and emailed it. I haven't heard anything since. My credit card has not been charged and I never received a reply.

I emailed Craft/Karhu again this week and I still haven't heard anything from them. It's now more than 2 weeks after the order deadline. I'm no longer expecting this order to be shipped.

Has anyone else been able to place an order for official Nation's Tri clothing using the spreadsheet order form and the karhu.com email address?

krafty81's ravatar krafty81    JOINED: 5/20/09    POSTS: 127
RE: Email order for Nation's Tri official jersey/shorts?
POSTED: 10/27/09 9:07 PM

I didn't know about that option - but I was very disappointed at the expo when they ran out of jerseys ONE HOUR into the expo! Talk about bad planning. The person there offered no help and got annoyed when I suggested that they provide a way to order the jerseys - his answer was "Germany is a long way away to bring jerseys here" - so why did they sponsor the race? I don't know if I would trust them with an order.

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 10/27/09 9:31 PM

LOL germany is a long way to get craft jerseys from.. afterall craft is based in sweden.. lol

krafty81's ravatar krafty81    JOINED: 5/20/09    POSTS: 127
POSTED: 10/27/09 9:57 PM

funny!

morunner66's ravatar morunner66    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 702
POSTED: 10/28/09 12:14 PM

Maybe they should hook up with IKEA - IKEA manages to get things here via china via sweden via usa. Can't see the distribution chain being much different.

PotomacTriathlete2009's ravatar PotomacTriathlete2009    JOINED: 9/19/09    POSTS: 518
POSTED: 11/15/09 12:13 AM

It's even more complicated than that. Craft is Swedish but their U.S. distributors are a part of Karhu, a Finnish running shoe company. (Maybe Craft and Karhu are part of the same company?) The participant shirt for the race was made in China. I'm guessing that most of Craft's other tri apparel is also made in China.

Now for the "good" news (?): I heard from Craft's U.S. distributor this week. I had sent a 2nd email to Karhu (the distributor) a few weeks ago, asking about my 1st email. The person said that the 2nd email got caught by the junk mail filter but she managed to find it just this week. It sounds like the group order for the Nation's Tri apparel hasn't quite gone through yet. She said she would check to see if my initial email and spreadsheet order form had gone through. If not, she would try to add my order to the overall group order.

At least I know someone there received the emails and that I might get the items. I had just crossed off the debit entry for the Craft order in my checkbook when I heard from Karhu/Craft a couple days later. Strange timing.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria