Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

(Out of) Wetsuit Tips
CREATED: 04/30/13 by conartist REPLIES: 4
conartist's ravatar conartist    JOINED: 1/31/12    POSTS: 54
(Out of) Wetsuit Tips
POSTED: 4/30/13 10:37 AM

As much as I love wearing a wetsuit, I find it rather challenging to take off. Especially when coming out of the water. To compound my frustration I have a zipper that seems keen on getting stuck on the liner about midway thru almost EVERY time. I have a full-sleever and am open to any/all tips for those who can bust outta these things without using a razor blade. Does anyone wax their zipper/any way to protect the liner from catching? wish I had time to practice at peasantman but race is this weekend...

asovonick's ravatar asovonick    JOINED: 6/3/09    POSTS: 196
RE: (Out of) Wetsuit Tips
POSTED: 4/30/13 1:20 PM

Sort of unrelated but CONARTIST is a beast, watch out for him this year. He just broke his head but will soon be breaking dreams worldwide.

-Andy Sovonick of Gaithersburg

shannontri's ravatar shannontri    JOINED: 6/28/12    POSTS: 20
POSTED: 4/30/13 2:36 PM

Is there excess fabric near the zipper that you can trim? I've never had issues getting my zipper down before, in any of the three suits I've used.

In general, though, you can trim material off the legs (as long as you don't go above the seam tape) so the suit will slide off your ankles much faster. But that won't help your zipper issues.

HappyRunner's ravatar HappyRunner    JOINED: 1/15/11    POSTS: 176
POSTED: 4/30/13 3:49 PM

When just starting out, I found this video from the Annapolis Tri Club helpful:

Flawless Triathlon Transitions

Apparently it's all in the step and pull

conartist's ravatar conartist    JOINED: 1/31/12    POSTS: 54
POSTED: 4/30/13 4:11 PM

haha, thanks andy. lets hope for no mo bike crashes this season.

shannon- the liner by the zipper does seem a little wide. perhaps i can trim it although im a bit hesitant cuz i dont want to rip off my skin instead! lol. Is it better to be erect when pulling down the zipper or to bend over forward...wow...ummm as far as wetsuits are concerned obviously...p.s. you in a wetsuit is so unfair it's not even funny.

thanks for the link!! sorenson is blazing. much respect for that dude. i've seen him at wilson pool a few times coaching.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria