Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

REGIONAL CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP SCORING RULES
CREATED: 06/15/11 by abbyjs REPLIES: 7
abbyjs's ravatar abbyjs    JOINED: 4/7/09    POSTS: 699
REGIONAL CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP SCORING RULES
POSTED: 6/15/11 11:59 AM

Please read this if you are racing Rockett's Landing!

I pinged USAT to give us the scoop on how the Regional (and National) Club Championships would be scored so that we can be smart about registering our members.

Here is the deal for Rockett's Landing:

***Points will be awarded for the Individual Triathlon at the Olympic Distance Only.***

Thus: NO POINTS for the sprint, aquabike, aquathon, duathlon, nor any relays. Bummer. Especially since I'm injured and can't run and was considering racing the aquabike!

If you are up for it: please register for the Olympic/International Distance!!!

If you are currently registered for a different event and want to transfer to the Olympic, YOU CAN. You might have to pay an increased fee if your event was cheaper, but the Race Director will let you transfer into the Olympic event.

It is highly unlikely that we will max out our participation points (30 people per Age Group per gender), so please participate one and all!

Extra motivation to be fast is that additional points are awarded 10-deep for Top Overall finishers and 5-deep for Top Age Group finishers for each gender (with top overall finishers being omitted from Age Group results).

Contact me at abby.sanford19 at yahoo.com if you have any questions.

Thanks!
Abby Sanford

jameswilson's ravatar jameswilson    JOINED: 4/11/10    POSTS: 92
RE: REGIONAL CLUB CHAMPIONSHIP SCORING RULES
POSTED: 6/15/11 2:16 PM

I like the only 5 deep for age group, as opposed to the 10 deep at the Myrtle Beach club nationals last year. 10 points for 1st makes my 1 point seem so insignificant. :( At least with 5 for first, I feel like I'm contributing more. But who knows, maybe this year I can make top 5 AG. ;)

BrianJ783    JOINED: 2/9/11    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 6/15/11 2:50 PM

Does the clydesdale division count towards points, or just the age groups?

Dammiles    JOINED: 4/16/11    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 6/22/11 1:21 PM

To count as a member do you need club kit?

POSTED: 6/22/11 2:03 PM

To count as a member, you need to make sure that you indicate that you are a member of DC Tri when you register. You can update your information online to include the club's name if you have your confirmation number.

I'm still waiting to hear about Clydesdale/Athena scoring.

Thanks!

If you all are interested in club hotel rates, check out this thread:

http://dctriclub.org/forum/messages.cfm?tid=B2614D97-D4B9-DEAB-F64CFF7DEB4655D9&page=1

--Abby

Luke's ravatar Luke    JOINED: 11/28/10    POSTS: 346
POSTED: 6/22/11 7:13 PM

What other clubs are likely to be our toughest competition?

JoeC's ravatar JoeC    JOINED: 7/10/05    POSTS: 213
POSTED: 6/23/11 11:46 AM

Competition would be Richmond Triathlon Club who are pretty active and have upwards of 500 members. After playing with the scoring rules every year Mid Atlantic finally came up with a way to keep us from winning the race (granted we took it 5 years in a row). Place it in Cities that have large triathlon clubs. Which is annoying since we are the only club in the Mid Atlantic that makes a strong push to win Nationals. The money we win from Mid Atlantic is supposed to be used for that purpose and I don't recall seeing anyone from Philly there last year.

POSTED: 6/23/11 2:30 PM

Indeed, there was not a single representative from Philly Tri at Nationals last year!

Richmond will definitely be our biggest competition as the hometown club; as mentioned, we need the biggest team we can bring to win this title!

Being wicked fast won't hurt either, but hey--as my first race back from injury, I will be pleased as punch to toss my participation point into the total!

Note: points are awarded for the Individual Triathlon at the Olympic Distance only. No points for the sprint, the relays, or the 2-event races.

Indeed, with our plans to take our team down to Myrtle again this year for the National Championship, that $1000 would be fantastic to offset our travel!

Let's win it!

--Abby

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria