Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Bike Fit -- Sport Fit in Herndon?
CREATED: 04/26/11 by zenetanar REPLIES: 8
zenetanar's ravatar zenetanar    JOINED: 5/13/10    POSTS: 35
Bike Fit -- Sport Fit in Herndon?
POSTED: 4/26/11 7:38 PM

Has anyone done a bike fit here? Or heard any reviews"?

http://www.sportfitconsulting.com/bikefitting.html

Also if anyone knows of an affordable place to get a decent bike fit please let me know. Anywhere give DCTri discounts?

Thanks
Gretchen

gswiszcza's ravatar gswiszcza    JOINED: 1/27/10    POSTS: 34
RE: Bike Fit -- Sport Fit in Herndon?
POSTED: 4/26/11 8:08 PM

I don't have any info on Sport Fit, but I highly recommend Josh at Cyclelife for bike fits. I just got my new tri bike fitted by him and had a great experience and thought he was well worth the cost ($275 for video fit). We spent about 3 hours on the fitting and I learned a lot and walked away with a very comfy bike!

Gretchen

rtroll's ravatar rtroll    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 507
POSTED: 4/26/11 8:23 PM

Gretchen (whoa double take, you both are Gretchen) -

Don't forget to scope out our partners who offer excellent bike fits as well. You might want to check out Contes, Sport & Spinal Physical Therapy (SSPT) or Revolution Cycles who all do fits. SSPT and Contes both provide video analysis.

Details about these and other club partners can be found at www.dctriclub.org/partners

Ryan, Club Partnership Director

sandyc's ravatar sandyc    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 288
POSTED: 4/26/11 9:16 PM

I got fit at Conte's (I worked with Paul, but I've heard good things about Clovis as well) and had a great experience. Paul was able to find me a saddle that changed. my. life. That in itself made it worth every penny.

Luke's ravatar Luke    JOINED: 11/28/10    POSTS: 375
POSTED: 4/26/11 9:50 PM

Clovis is nothing short of a genius when it comes to the bike fit. I worked with him a month ago, and I feel like I am getting a lot more power out of my pedal stroke now. He can also recommend good pedals and bike shoes if you're looking to solve the mystery on how to upgrade. Plus his stories of track cycling races in South America come free of charge!

-Luke

carolawu    JOINED: 1/20/11    POSTS: 8
POSTED: 4/26/11 10:22 PM

Doug from SportFit Lab fit me for my new bike and I was very pleased with his thoroughness. Definitely would recommend him to the club. I live in Tysons Corner so Herndon was easier for me to get to than the other club partners. Plus Beth (Doug's wife and business partner) is a triathlete and coach so I had fun chatting with her, and got great tips along the way too.

Last year Clovis fit me for my mountain bike and agree he is very good too. However, Clovis is very popular so not easy to get a time slot with him that worked for me this time.

Carol

Doug from SportFit Lab fit me for my new bike and I was very pleased with his thoroughness. Definitely would recommend him to the club. I live in Tysons Corner so Herndon was easier for me to get to than the other club partners. Plus Beth (Doug's wife and business partner) is a triathlete and coach so I had fun chatting with her, and got great tips along the way too.

Last year Clovis fit me for my mountain bike and agree he is very good too. However, Clovis is very popular so not easy to get a time slot with him that worked for me this time.

Carol

Carol

bronxking's ravatar bronxking    JOINED: 1/13/13    POSTS: 151
POSTED: 5/29/14 11:28 AM

Hey, I realized this is an old post. Any updates/new comments concerning SportFit? They are a bit of a trek, but I'm going there now for their demo saddle program and so far, I love their small shop feel and personalized attention. I'm thinking about getting a bike + fit from them at some point later in the year or next year. I like the fact that they don't specialize in any brand of bikes and are willing to even tell you to go somewhere else to buy a bike. They also have all brands of saddles to demo and will rebate the cost of the fitting if you buy a bike from them.

Let me know if anyone has gone there recently.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria