DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Columbia Heights WSC - Swim Workouts
CREATED: 02/03/10 by swimr51 REPLIES: 11
swimr51's ravatar swimr51    JOINED: 1/13/10    POSTS: 4
Columbia Heights WSC - Swim Workouts
POSTED: 2/03/10 9:14 AM

Hey fellow NTPers-

Just wondering if anyone swims at the WSC in Columbia Heights. I am a lifelong swimmer and would be happy to provide workouts. Looking for a swim buddy that is at my level. I swim usually around 2:00 100s. I haven't swam there in a while because it's always so busy and the odd length throws me off but I live across the street so it's a lot more convenient than trekking out to Eastern Market!

Thanks,
Ashley

rwilliams25    JOINED: 12/28/09    POSTS: 12
RE: Columbia Heights WSC - Swim Workouts
POSTED: 2/15/10 10:40 AM

I am VERY... new to swimming and swim at the CH WSC. I hope you can find a swim buddy at your level. If you have the time and interest in providing some tips, I could sure... use them!

Rebecca

kimk512    JOINED: 8/25/09    POSTS: 9
POSTED: 2/15/10 11:26 AM

Hi Ashley - I'm interested. I swim at WSC around 7am. Right now I'm about a 2:15 100 but just took a total Immersion class so I'm hoping that will come down soon. Do you want to try meeting up (I have some flexibility in the evenings as well)
I'm at
kimkdixon512@yahoo.com
Kim

POSTED: 2/21/10 4:47 PM

Hi to both of you -- anyone still interested?

POSTED: 2/23/10 4:13 PM

Hi Kim,

I am interested. What days do you normally swim at 7am? Look forward to meeting up.

Rebecca - I would love to help out, although my time is very limited at the moment. My suggestion would be to sign up for the Curl Burke swim clinics. I heard they are fantastic! And the Club is offering a lot of swim clinics for NTPers, too.

Ashley

nbehappy's ravatar nbehappy    JOINED: 5/23/09    POSTS: 135
POSTED: 2/23/10 6:17 PM

hi, i swim there in the mornings. i'm slow though: i swim the 400 (yrds) in 7 minutes during a workout.
dave
nbediamola at yahoo

POSTED: 2/24/10 2:35 PM

Ashley and Dave - trying again (last attempt to post crashed)

I am pretty flexible - don't swim on a specific day. I prefer to go at 7am though can go earlier (and in fact would have to if either of you want to meet up this Thursday am) Otherwise, I go on Sunday afternoons sometimes; can go Mon or Tue at 7am.

Let me know....

Kim

POSTED: 2/24/10 6:57 PM

hey kim , i tried to swim this morn and my shoulder's still sore. but i'll be there fri morn, not sure the exact time. if not, next week. you have my email, feel free to drop me a line. dave

urbanlumberjack's ravatar urbanlumberjack    JOINED: 3/25/09    POSTS: 143
POSTED: 2/25/10 10:50 AM

Hi Ashley (and everybody)

I'd love to get a buddy/group workout on my schedule. I swim 1:50 200s, but do it sloppily, and my training pretty much just consists of swimming at a steady pace till i get tired.

My email is matthew.longley@gmail.com if we want to set something up, I live right down the street.

Best/Matt

POSTED: 2/25/10 3:43 PM

Ok - How about we (whoever can) try to meet Monday at 7am in the pool? I'll be there with a DC tri club water bottle and a blue bathing suit -- ill send an email to those who gave an email also....anyone wants to bring a workout, all the better.

Kim

POSTED: 2/25/10 5:51 PM

GReat! I'll put it on my calendar.

POSTED: 2/26/10 10:48 AM

Great! See you there at 7am on Monday. I am happy to bring a workout. It will be low-key since it's the first time we'll be meeting. But maybe we can step it up once we gauge everyone's fitness level.

My email is alferrell@gmail.com.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria