Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4   Next Page

Any MoCo people?
CREATED: 07/02/10 by laineym3 REPLIES: 78
laineym3's ravatar laineym3    JOINED: 7/2/10    POSTS: 123
Any MoCo people?
POSTED: 7/02/10 2:08 PM

I just did my first Tri, Celebration in Columbia, and now I'm completely hooked!

Is there anyone here near the 270 corridor? I trained by myself for the sprint and think I did pretty well for my first time, but it was kinda boring doing it all alone! Looking for some people to train with.

I want to sign up for another sprint or attempt an Olympic in the fall, any suggestions?

Thanks!

karlaj's ravatar karlaj    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 201
RE: Any MoCo people?
POSTED: 7/02/10 5:12 PM

Howdy,
There's a few of us up in MoCo. Not nearly the concentration of folks down in DC, so harder to hook up with trainer partners at your pace, but still possible. Where do you live, and what are your swim/bike/run paces? And what is your name?
-Jason

Coxie19's ravatar Coxie19    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 32
POSTED: 7/02/10 8:44 PM

Hey
Congrats on the Sprint tri! I'm in the Bethesda/Chevy Chase area and work in Rockville. Would enjoy the workout company.

Kevin

POSTED: 7/02/10 9:21 PM

Hi, thanks for the quick replies! I'm in Gaithersburg and work in Bethesda.

Swim is my worst event and need to work on not freaking out in open water than the actual physical demand. The chip time/pace from the Sprint (.62mi swim, 17.5mi bike, 3.4mi run) were: Swim: 42:47 (ouch!), Bike: 14.5 pace, Run: 12min/mile.

Anyone close to those times? I'm pretty active and like to challenge myself, so I know for sure there's room for improvement. Where are good places to ride around here?

Elaine

smakane's ravatar smakane    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 50
POSTED: 7/02/10 11:08 PM

Hi!
I'm in Silver Spring (right near DC line)... definitely up for workout partners... lemme know!

patagonia_80's ravatar patagonia_80    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 77
POSTED: 7/04/10 8:04 PM

hi there! i'm jennifer and i live in bethesda and work in rockville. i would love training partners! would it be totally crazy to have an informal HH with Marylanders/Upper NW tri people? if you're interested hit me up at labellejournee at gmail

eric guzmanaalv's ravatar eric guzmanaalv    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 140
POSTED: 7/05/10 5:20 PM

Live in Germantown work at Gaithersburg most of my training is done in the Germantown Soccerplex. there are a few of us up here.

POSTED: 7/05/10 7:58 PM

@eric- The soccerplex is really close to me. I mtb at schaffer too. Do you guys have regular rides/training?

If there are any rides and/or runs coming up in the MoCo area or anyone wants to plan one, shoot me an email at wongela at gmail

eric guzmanaalv's ravatar eric guzmanaalv    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 140
POSTED: 7/05/10 11:14 PM

I swim there 2 to 3 times a week and 1 the weekend depending I do my bricks there and some times my run intervals depending on length and tracks availability at the near school.
I don't know many people of the club that train there. Other than Andy Sovonick, he goes regularly, not many other people.
For the bikes rides for example I check Tuan's ride for the weekend and bike until i met his group and when they go back Ill return to my place. I did that this weekend and put 43 miles.

Let me know if you have more question
or shoot me an email ericguzalv at yahoo.com

bhuge    JOINED: 5/23/10    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 7/14/10 4:44 PM

Just posted on a similar thread that is going on regarding the same subject of training in the 270/495 area. I'm in Chevy Chase and swim at the MAC and AU (Masters class...highly recommend it). Rides are out river road or rock creek on the weekend when closed. Let's get this going and get a group out there!

Bo
bhugejensen (at) gmail (dot)com

garyjr123    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 29
POSTED: 7/14/10 7:32 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am more then willing to take the reigns and try to organize some fun rides, runs, and swims if we can (not sure if someone else is already doing this) for MoCo. A friend and myself are looking at a good long 35+ mile ride this weekend up Wooten to River Rd and beyond. Let me know if people are interested in joining us. I'm not sure if it will be Saturday or Sunday but which ever day it is I will be running the other day.

Let me know what everyone thinks about this ride:

http://www.mapmyride.com/ride/united-states/md/rockville/110303458

Gary

Coxie19's ravatar Coxie19    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 32
POSTED: 7/14/10 7:43 PM

Count me in.

Thanks
Kevin
coxie19 (at) yahoo (dot) com

trigator    JOINED: 5/14/10    POSTS: 21
POSTED: 7/14/10 8:48 PM

I am interested also. I road out river road two weeks ago and completed a 50 mile loop. If you put something together for sunday i would definately be interested. Just moved here from florida and loving the hills (i know they are not real hills but compared to FL they are). I am also up for some other training rides and bricks.

racquetballgator@yahoo.com

POSTED: 7/14/10 8:50 PM

I'd love to join too. I'm not quite up to 35 miles yet, but will get there soon! what speed do you ride at?

thanks for taking this on Gary

Elaine
wongela at gmail

smakane's ravatar smakane    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 50
POSTED: 7/14/10 9:03 PM

I have two brick workouts this weekend-one Saturday and one Sunday... each is a tripe brick (ride 15-20 followed by a 3mile run.. repeat 3x)... I typically do this in Rock Creek... if folks are interested, let me know.

Shannon

karlaj's ravatar karlaj    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 201
POSTED: 7/14/10 10:20 PM

I'm interested too, Gary. Route looks fine. Need a starting time & pace, though. Sunday looks better, Saturday looks rainy, but I guess that could change. I assume it'll be no-drop. jkralj at yahoo

-Jason

jglazer    JOINED: 7/10/10    POSTS: 6
POSTED: 7/14/10 11:19 PM

@ Elaine - Ditto. Celebration was my first and we look like we have similar times.
I live over by the University of MD but spend alot of time in the MoCo area and would love to find someone to train with. I would particularly love to find someone who can workout during the day hours during the week (I only work 2 24 hour shifts a week).
idivedwn at hotmail dot com

jglazer    JOINED: 7/10/10    POSTS: 6
POSTED: 7/14/10 11:40 PM

@ Gary - Not sure of my plans but am definitely interested in a ride. Keep me in the loop. Thanks
idivedwn at hotmail dot com

garyjr123    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 29
POSTED: 7/15/10 7:56 AM

Hi Everyone,

The overwhelming response is that Sunday will be the better day to ride so I am planning on Sunday and leaving at 8:00 AM sharp. I'm not sure what speed everyone will ride at but my pace will be between 15-17 mph (and faster downhill) looking to improve with faster people as well. Everyone is welcome to come out and since this is the first ride we can make it as rigorous as we want. The route shows us starting/ending at Revolution Cycles in Rockville so I say we meet in their parking lot and leave from there.

If anyone is interested in meeting at the Montgomery Aquatic Center Friday, I will be there swimming in the evening and will be running on Saturday. Let me know who is in and we can plan accordingly.

Gary

POSTED: 7/15/10 8:45 AM

Hey Gary, I may be able to tag along in some of the trainings you're doing this weekend. I'm thinking about swimming on Fri and deciding if I want to do a brick on Sat or just ride with you guys on Sunday... hmm...

What's your email?

Elaine

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria