DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4   Next Page

Any MoCo people?
CREATED: 07/02/10 by laineym3 REPLIES: 78
patagonia_80's ravatar patagonia_80    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 77
RE: Any MoCo people?
POSTED: 7/15/10 9:18 AM

Hi everyone,

We organized a small HH for MoCo people, which I believe will be announced in the next newsletter. To give you a head's up, here's what we're thinking:

Date: Thursday, July 22
Time: 6:30 PM
Location: Barking Dog 4723 Elm Street Bethesda, MD 20814 (http://www.thebarkingdogonline.com/)

Hope to see you there!

bhuge    JOINED: 5/23/10    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 7/15/10 9:41 AM

Excellent! See you then. I'll spread the word. Thanks for arranging this!

Bo

POSTED: 7/15/10 9:46 AM

gary, I'll be at the MAC on Friday. Appears that open swim (more than 2-3 lanes) is 7-9. I'm aiming to bike there to be there around 7. I'd be up for a Saturday morning ride also. Perhaps meeting at Montgomery Mall and going west from there. I know a nice loop with a nice climb and can attach to River Road, depending on how long we want to go. I'm doing LiveStrong in Philly and there are wicked hills there so can't avoid them. I love to see all this dialogue on MoCo. Let's keep it going and get people together! Hope to see everyone at Barking Dog on the 22nd next week. We can orchestrate more then perhaps.
Stay afloat, ride strong and keep running!
Bo

garyjr123    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 29
POSTED: 7/15/10 10:31 AM

@Bo, I will see you at the MAC on Friday at 7 then and considering we are riding Sunday I will probably run in the Kentlands on Saturday (if anyone is interested).

@Everyone, my company www.DistrictEntertainmentllc.com actually runs trivia and poker at the Barking Dog on Wednesday and Thursdays starting at 7:30 (also Trivia at Caddies on Monday and the fourth Sunday of every month, Comedy at Union Jacks Bethesda) (I will be there tonight) to host poker. I am glad to hear that the happy hour will be there and look forward to seeing everyone that day. I also know quite a few of the bar owners in the area b/c of my company so if more events need to be organized let me know if I can help.

I agree with Bo about keeping this going. I really enjoy being apart of dc tri club and more then willing to help expand it to the MoCo area.

laineym3's ravatar laineym3    JOINED: 7/2/10    POSTS: 122
POSTED: 7/15/10 10:46 AM

Hey Gary- I planning on doing a brick @ Kentlands on Sat morning. I don't know when I'll return from the bike to run, but we head out from Fleet Feet.

i'm 5 mins from the Kentlands so if you're ever doing anything up that way, please let me know!

Maybe I'll catch up/run into you.

Elaine

eric guzmanaalv's ravatar eric guzmanaalv    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 140
POSTED: 7/15/10 11:02 AM

Ok I am gladd a lot of people join
I am swimming this afternoon at the germantown soccerplex, running a 2 hour long Run Saturday Mourning on the soccerplex pace 9:00 -8:30 first 90 minutes after alittelbit harder
Sunday Joining Vietnamise ride at some point in 28 and do have of their 90 minute ride

If anyone is interested let me know

Eric

POSTED: 7/15/10 1:48 PM

Revolution Cycles Ride:

1066 Rockville Pike
Rockville, MD 20852

Leaving at 8:00 AM sharp from Revolution Cycles parking lot.
Make sure to have spare times and CO2 for flats.

My email is gary.jouvelakas@gmail.com

@Elaine, are you doing a brick with the MoCo tri club from Fleet Feet? I rode with them once and they do 25 miles on Saturday morning from Fleet Feet.

trigator    JOINED: 5/14/10    POSTS: 21
POSTED: 7/15/10 4:46 PM

I would be interested in the swim also on friday, what does it cost?

POSTED: 7/15/10 5:00 PM

The MAC is $6 for Montgomery County residents and $7.50 for non residents.

Coxie19's ravatar Coxie19    JOINED: 3/2/09    POSTS: 32
POSTED: 7/16/10 11:02 AM

When and where are people meeting tomorrow to ride? To many posts, can't keep track!

POSTED: 7/16/10 11:04 AM

LOL, yes too many post to keep track of!

Gary organized one on Sunday morning in rockville. 35+miles

I think I'm the only one riding on Sat morning from Fleet Feet in Gaithersburg (earthquake central). 25 miles.

Elaine

POSTED: 7/16/10 12:56 PM

I'm up for a ride on Saturday. Not sure where Fleet Feet is but will google be there at 8 ready to ride. Was hoping for something a little closer but in the interest of getting a core together...I'm a team player! See you at the MAC tonight around 7 for those who are going and then tmrw for a ride. I tipically swim in the deep end and Friday's are generally pretty quite. B Huge

POSTED: 7/16/10 1:43 PM

The ride on Sat starts at 7:30am I believe. I've never ridden with this group, so we'll see how it goes!
-Elaine

POSTED: 7/16/10 5:30 PM

@Elaine, I think I might join you for a ride with the MoCo group tomorrow. If they aren't going for a run after you are more then welcome to join me for a run after in the area.

ksdecker44    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 47
POSTED: 7/16/10 6:10 PM

Hey Everyone!

Would definitely be in for HH in Bethesda/MOCO area! will be out of town July 22nd, but count me in for next one... :)

Also a couple of us were recently talking about doing another practice sprint tri in Bethesda. A few of us did this last summer and had a great time! (Swim at the bethesda 50m pool (located next to the Cap. Crescent , bike to G-town and back on Capital Crescent, then ran a 5k on the crescent. We were too wiped out for food/drink after but maybe this year we could do it!

I am going to throw out the weekend August 13 or 14. I would also be down for a Monday or Wednesday evening. WE did it on Monday night around 6 or 6:30 last year

I also have a 25 m outdoor pool at my complex (literally across from MAC) I think it would be $4 or $5 as my guest, but Elaine and I talked about getting together to do workouts there...if anyone is interested we could set that up.

Karly :)

POSTED: 7/16/10 9:35 PM

Can anyone confirm if it is 730 or 8 tomorrow morning??
Count me in for the mini tri as well Karly. Bo

edickstein    JOINED: 7/9/09    POSTS: 7
POSTED: 7/18/10 3:51 PM

Thanks all for the ride. Apologies again for disappearing so others had to backtrack. I was out of my depth with the heat, the distance and the hills and I knew I wouldn't be able make it back if I went any further. (Those last few miles were dicey as it was.) I enjoyed meeting everyone and riding with others for at least a short way. If I ever get in shape enough I will see you all again.

Erika

karlaj's ravatar karlaj    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 201
POSTED: 7/18/10 4:31 PM

Gary,
Thanks for getting us organized.

Everyone,
Good ride. Not an easy one. Hope we can keep these going!

-Jason

POSTED: 7/18/10 5:02 PM

Great job everyone today! The ride was hot and we had some fun climbing those hills. I look forward to doing it again next week. The Revolution Cycle guys were great and more then willing to have us ride with them in a few different groups at different paces so I propose next Sunday at 8:30 am.

If people are interested in meeting at the MAC to swim let's start talking about day and time. I usually swim on Wednesdays and Fridays around 7 but am willing to go earlier or later if more people would like to show up.

If people are interested in a good clinic please read below:
I have scheduled an additional swim clinic on Saturday, July 31 from 4:30-7:30pm at The Lab School. This is a regular freestyle clinic and cost $140 per person. You can get more information about the clinics at www.claybrittswimming.com.
We have a limit number of spaces available, so let me know if you would like to attend. Hope to see you at the pool.
Clay
301-996-7946

@Erika,no problem and I hope you are feeling better. It is best to slowly build and when you are ready we would love for you to join us.

trigator    JOINED: 5/14/10    POSTS: 21
POSTED: 7/18/10 6:23 PM

It was another great day on the bike, the shop GM was pretty cool and glad they could get Gary's bike up and running this morning. Looking forward to next weekend and plan on hitting the pool on wed as well.

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria