Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4   Next Page

Any MoCo people?
CREATED: 07/02/10 by laineym3 REPLIES: 78
trigator    JOINED: 5/14/10    POSTS: 21
RE: Any MoCo people?
POSTED: 7/21/10 7:20 AM

Anyone planning on hitting the pool today at the MAC? If so, what time?

garyjr123    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 29
POSTED: 7/21/10 8:07 AM

I will definitely be there at 7:00 tonight and can meet earlier if that is to late.

Is anyone interested in meeting tomorrow before the HH to run. I'm thinking about a short 3-4 mile run around Bethesda.

POSTED: 7/21/10 8:15 AM

Also, I just wanted to remind everyone that we will be doing the Sunday ride from Revolution Cycles Rockville again this Sunday and we leave at 8:30AM not 8AM. I talked to the employees from the store and they will take us out again with different pace groups.

Saturday, I would like to get a run together so let me know who's in and I will put together a route, time and place to meet.

POSTED: 7/21/10 8:26 AM

I will see you there at 7 then and would not mind running also tomorrow prior to HH but wont be available until after 4. Looking forward to riding again this weekend.

laineym3's ravatar laineym3    JOINED: 7/2/10    POSTS: 122
POSTED: 7/21/10 9:22 AM

Hey guys

It's an "easy" training week for me. I'm swimming on Fri for about an hour if anyone is going to the MAC. Sat is a 1:30 bike+15 min run. Sun is a 40 min ride.

I'll prob ride w/ you guys @ Revolution since they have different pace groups (i.e. me slow :p). Gary- do you know how long do they go for?

Elaine

POSTED: 7/21/10 10:08 AM

@ Brent, I will see you tonight at 7 at the MAC and we can meet around 4:30 for the run. I will come up with a route for us and a place to meet.

@ Elaine, I will be at the MAC on Fri if you want to meet up and swim. As for our ride, we went 29 miles and were out a few hours. It was a really good ride with some fun hills which I know you will enjoy.

POSTED: 7/21/10 4:07 PM

Elaine, let me know where you are doing your brick on sat and i might join you. It is gonna be HOT on sat but a little better on sunday. You will have no problem with the sunday ride, we only lost one last weekend so the odds are in your favor...

edickstein    JOINED: 7/9/09    POSTS: 7
POSTED: 7/21/10 5:04 PM

>we only lost one last weekend so the odds are in
your favor...

I would call myself more "misplaced" than "lost". :-)

POSTED: 7/21/10 11:13 PM

hey Erika, if you want someone to be "misplaced" with I'd be happy to ride with you. I can't keep up with the boys... yet :) I think they're mocking me about loving hills...

Brent- not sure where on Sat yet... just know that I have to get a brick in and wil prob ride with u guys on Sun. Any preference?

bhuge    JOINED: 5/23/10    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 7/22/10 12:10 AM

Traveling this week, hope the training is going well! I'm not able to do any riding this weekend as I'll be with my daughter. If anyone is doing a pre-HH run, I'm in. We can meet at my place for those who need a shower afterwards. I'm right behind the Chevy Chase Supermarket at the intersection of Manor Road and Jones Bridge. Otherwise, see you at HH tomorrow night for those going. Bo

edickstein    JOINED: 7/9/09    POSTS: 7
POSTED: 7/22/10 9:00 AM

@Elaine - What is your speed? My suspicion is that I am slow on a whole different measure than you lot. (Particularly when there are the "fun" hills involved.)

POSTED: 7/22/10 9:29 AM

@Bo, Brent and I are meeting on Old Georgetown Rd. (TBD) for the pre-HH run if you would like to join us. I'm thinking in the Wildwood shopping plaza b/c there is parking, I live on Parklawn and Brent lives in Silver Spring and good routes around N. Bethesda if you would like to join us (we are thinking a 3-4 mile loop).

@Brent, How about meeting in the Wildwood shopping center parking lot and running around this area? The plaza is right across the street from Democracy Blvd (where the Balducci's is) going up Old Georgetown towards Rockville. Let me know if you need more info. Below is the route we should take:

http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=3900242

@Elaine, I'd be down for a brick Sat.

bhuge    JOINED: 5/23/10    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 7/22/10 9:51 AM

see you at 4

POSTED: 7/22/10 9:51 AM

I just started a mini DC Tri Club- MoCo Division gmail group so we can all discuss, post trainings, make fun of each other (no, I won't lose my key again), and what not.

if you want to get added, please reply to the post or send me you email so I can add you!

Elaine (wongela at gmail)

POSTED: 7/22/10 10:08 AM

@ Bo, we are meeting at 4:30 so we will see you then.

@Elaine, thanks for creating the group and why would we ever make fun of you for losing your key when your hill climbing makes for so much better material :P

POSTED: 7/22/10 11:35 AM

Greg see you at 430 for the run, should be a hot one, as for Elaine, i thought of you on sunday after fixing my flat and heading on down the road i had to stop and make sure i did not leave me keys at the gas station, since i do not have a copy that would not have been good. So if it were not for you loosing yours i would not have stopped to check and make sure i had mine.

POSTED: 7/22/10 11:43 AM

Brent, just so there is no confusion...It's Gary not Greg. See you at 4:30.

POSTED: 7/22/10 11:56 AM

Brent- at least you knew how to change a flat and a girl didn't have to do it for you (Gary...) :)

Glad I could help in not losing your key!

POSTED: 7/22/10 12:12 PM

Lainey, You should know that men are notorious for pretending not to know how to do something so that we can get the woman to do it. That's my story and I'm sticking to it...

POSTED: 7/22/10 12:17 PM

AMEN to that

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria