Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4   Next Page

Any MoCo people?
CREATED: 07/02/10 by laineym3 REPLIES: 78
BrigMR    JOINED: 6/23/10    POSTS: 2
RE: Any MoCo people?
POSTED: 7/22/10 2:27 PM

Hi, I'd like to be added to the MoCo email group! (brigid.murphy at gmail.com ).

I'll try to make HH tonight at the Barking Dog. I need to take my dog out for a quick run first though!

I'd love to learn what constitutes the slow group ;)

Brigid

barbara's ravatar barbara    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 27
POSTED: 7/22/10 2:34 PM

Even though after riding once with trigator I am now wary of him, yes, please add me to the MoCo gmail list, because what I am more wary of is getting lost in Virginia. It's exciting when a training run starts at a place like Wildwood that I am actually familiar with.

Barbara
Near NIH in B'town!

Delnora's ravatar Delnora    JOINED: 3/16/09    POSTS: 10
POSTED: 7/22/10 2:41 PM

Hi, Lainey!

Please add me to your MoCo list serve. I live in Bethesda near the Jones Bridge/Wisconsin intersection. Gonna try to make the happy hour tonight!

thanks!

Delnora

delnoralynn at gmail

ps - MoCo subgroup is awesome.

laineym3's ravatar laineym3    JOINED: 7/2/10    POSTS: 122
POSTED: 7/22/10 3:04 PM

I'm so thrilled that all these people want to join our little group! :) yes, i'm a dork.

Barbara- I need your email... or I just found out, go here:

http://groups.google.com/group/dc-tri-club--moco-division

I'm still playing with this new google groups thing, so bare with me.

garyjr123    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 29
POSTED: 7/22/10 3:38 PM

Good to see that you are hard at work Lainey (yes, everyone apart of DC Tri will call you this from now on)!

Now that we seem to be building a clientele, we should see what other things people would be up for. Possible morning workouts (boo), open water swim trips, running groups, etc.

I'm game to help set these things up so just start rattling off ideas...

Btw, did everyone see that we got a write up in the DC Tri newsletter, apparently we are the red headed step children of the organization by living in MoCo :P

DVenables's ravatar DVenables    JOINED: 3/16/10    POSTS: 8
POSTED: 7/22/10 3:57 PM

I'm another MoCo (Bethesda) person in desperate need of some swimming motivation (technique, style and speed would be helpful too!) - Chesapeakeman is fast approaching and my usual approach of last minute cramming may not work on this occasion (dcvenables@hotmail.com).
David

shall825    JOINED: 5/7/10    POSTS: 6
POSTED: 7/22/10 4:44 PM

Please add me to your MoCo list serve. I live and work in Rockville
e-mail shall825@yahoo.com

jglazer    JOINED: 7/10/10    POSTS: 6
POSTED: 7/22/10 4:55 PM

If we are rattling off ideas for red headed step children to do I would suggest group clinics. In particular cycling, as we all saw on Sunday's ride my skills or lack of could use some help! See y'all tonight at HH.

Jenny

karlaj's ravatar karlaj    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 201
POSTED: 7/22/10 9:42 PM

Jenny -- the clinic for riding faster is, you guessed it, to RIDE! ;-) Besides, your skills are fine. Riding with a faster group takes work, but you will eventually get the hang of it and get faster.

David -- have you checked out any of the masters programs (ancient mariners @ the MAC, Curl Burke @ G'town Prep)? 3 days a week and you'll be golden.

I'm just super happy now that folks are coming out of the woodwork up here!

-Jason

trigator    JOINED: 5/14/10    POSTS: 21
POSTED: 7/22/10 9:49 PM

Barbara you are too funny. It was a nice ride that day though.

Anyone interested in joining Gary, Elaine and myself at the MAC tomorrow at 4 to swim let us know.

We are planning a brick for sat morning (more details to follow) and also a bike ride out of Revolution Cycles in rockville on sunday at 830. I saw a lot of people tonight at the HH so i hope we have a good turnout this weekend.

Thanks to Gary, Jennifer and Elaine for a nice HH, Good times all around!!

Brent

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1770
POSTED: 7/22/10 10:09 PM

Nice HH turnout, workout plans, and enthusiasm. This group could be the third leg of a DC, NOVA, and SOMD tripod.

bhuge    JOINED: 5/23/10    POSTS: 19
POSTED: 7/22/10 10:26 PM

Agreed, great HH, nice meeting everyone! Hope to see you on the road or in the water for some pre HH sessions.

Stay afloat, ride strong and keep running!

garyjr123    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 29
POSTED: 7/23/10 12:41 AM

It was great to see that there are so many red headed step children in the area. I apologize for not being more social b/c of hosting poker tonight but I look forward to seeing people out at future events we try to put together for our ever neglected MoCo area. :)

laineym3's ravatar laineym3    JOINED: 7/2/10    POSTS: 122
POSTED: 7/23/10 8:20 AM

Huge success last night! It was great to meet everyone. Thanks Jennifer for setting it up. Who knew there were so many of us up here, we're at 14 people and still counting!

The google groups thing is being a little weird, so if you haven't gotten an invite or still waiting to be added just go here: http://groups.google.com/group/dc-tri-club--moco-division

Hope to see everyone soon :)

dhariag1's ravatar dhariag1    JOINED: 1/21/11    POSTS: 11
POSTED: 2/15/11 10:30 PM

Please add me to your MoCo list serve. I live and work in Gaithersburg.

Thanks,

Gopal

Email: gdharia2010@gmail.com

jsample    JOINED: 2/10/11    POSTS: 1
POSTED: 2/16/11 4:43 AM

Hi Everybody!

I'm sorry I missed everyone when you met. I am a Bethesda person who just joined and am very interested in meeting all of you. I am very integrated into the MC running and swimming scene and wish there were something for us MC triathletes. Please add me to the list!

jennifersample@yahoo.com

Jennifer

jjhooker's ravatar jjhooker    JOINED: 2/1/11    POSTS: 14
POSTED: 2/27/11 7:41 PM

Please add me to the MoCo list serve. Johnhooker04@yahoo.com

It would be great to find some runners looking for long slow runs on Sundays, biking workouts during the week. I am training for Columbia and Nation's this year.

J

JayC101's ravatar JayC101    JOINED: 2/27/11    POSTS: 105
POSTED: 2/28/11 9:06 AM

I live in Gaithersburg, but would be interested in being added to the MoCo email list. My email is Jay@Enewsi.com

Jay

JHJ20012's ravatar JHJ20012    JOINED: 2/1/10    POSTS: 174
POSTED: 2/28/11 12:52 PM

I think if you follow this link, Elaine can approve your email to be added to the list. Poor girl is skiing in Utah right now, so might take a few days to get approved.

http://groups.google.com/group/dc-tri-club--moco-division

Joyce

Previous Page   Page: 1 2 3 4   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria