Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Advice needed on renting a bike in Italy
CREATED: 01/17/11 by cvegh REPLIES:
cvegh    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 31
Advice needed on renting a bike in Italy
POSTED: 1/17/11 12:32 PM

I am spending two weeks (second half of July) with the family in Lake Como, Italy (in the city of Menaggio). The Alps are there with many well-knowns climbs so I am planning to do some of them (at least the easy ones!).

Renting a bike has not proved easy, as I have not found that many choices and it's quite expensive. After contacting two places (the only two that I found after extensive googling), I have the following choice (for roughly the same price; around 500 Euros for two weeks):

1. Milani Carbon with Shimano Ultegra 9 speed, carbon fork, Mavic Ksyrium wheels

2. Colnago Bibitan Titanium with Dura Ace 9

To be honest, I was not familiar with either of these road bikes (I own a Cervelo R3 and a Trek Madone) but after searching online I think I should go with the Milani since it is carbon and it looks like a good bike. I have also read that the Colnago Bititan frames (at least the early ones) had a reputation for breaking ...

Anyway, if anybody has some words of wisdom on this choice (or if you have any other tips on renting in Lake Como), I would greatly appreciate it.

Many thanks, Carlos.

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria