Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Bike Carriers for an SUV
CREATED: 04/15/13 by TDPrange REPLIES: 4
TDPrange's ravatar TDPrange    JOINED: 1/14/13    POSTS: 73
Bike Carriers for an SUV
POSTED: 4/15/13 1:29 PM

I am in the market for a bike carrier that will fit on my Chevy Traverse. I was wondering if anyone in the club had any recomendations on one.

jkuper    JOINED: 11/13/12    POSTS: 23
RE: Bike Carriers for an SUV
POSTED: 4/15/13 5:03 PM

Thule T2 works great for me. Comparable to Yakima Holdup. Very secure and wont mark up the bikes.

BigRedViking    JOINED: 1/3/13    POSTS: 5
POSTED: 4/15/13 5:07 PM

Chevy Traverse is pretty much the same layout as our Buick Enclave. We did a u-haul hitch (in-expensive and they install) and a Saris Thelma-3 bike rack (they also have a 2 bike model.) It is light weight (read ease of installation for muscular and non-muscular family members) and never contacts the frame. It has an optional juvenile conversion (smaller wheel tray) that you can purchase if necessary. When the rack is in the position to load bikes you can open the tailgate, which is nice as you don't have to take the rack on and off to get into the back of the car.

See link--->

http://www.saris.com/en/bike-racks/vehicle-racks/hitch-racks/thelma-3-bike.html

hppeabody's ravatar hppeabody    JOINED: 9/17/09    POSTS: 193
POSTED: 4/15/13 8:18 PM

I am in love with my Rocky Mounts TieRod. Very simple, you can buy as many as you want and add whenever you want, it fits on pretty much anything, and holds pretty much any size bike. I've driven on the highway all day with a couple bikes locked in up there and they barely even moved. Also available in many neat colors (Mine are pink, but perhaps that isn't your thing). Also, the lock is easy to use and locks the bike down at the fork...would not be easy to steal.

http://www.rockymounts.com/category_s/194.htm

Good luck!

Hillary

dlavey    JOINED: 1/6/13    POSTS: 30
POSTED: 4/17/13 9:22 AM

I'm in the market for a bike rack as well. One of my concerns is storing the rack when I'm not using it. I have a smallish apartment in the city and storage is at a premium. I've thought about going the roof rack route, but having to find parking outside of the garage while I went to go get my bike seems like a major PITA so I'd like to go the hitch route. Does anyone know of a local store that has a good selection so that I can actually look at them?

Thanks,

Darren

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria