Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

My Last Ride Saturday
CREATED: 10/27/09 by trithis73 REPLIES: 8
trithis73's ravatar trithis73    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 525
My Last Ride Saturday
POSTED: 10/27/09 10:25 AM

I am hoping that we have good weather this Saturday. With that said, this will be an easy no-drop ride for me, as it will be my last venture out the the "T" on river road for 10+ months. Yes it is that time again, where I must go abroad and spread peace and good will amongst those that actually dont' like us to well. It's my last sponsered trip by my Uncle Sammy, as when I return I will have 1 year left until my retirement date. So, if anyone doesn't have anything better to do. Come on out and join me. Again my pace will be SNAIL MODE, and as I have for the past 18+ years, I will leave no man/woman behind. Also, I may even take you all by my now favorite Honey Bunn Stop. Nothing like a good Honey Bunn on my long rides.

Where: Haines Point
Time: 8 AM
When: Saturday 31 Oct 09

Will be at G-Town at M and Wisconsin at 8:30 am, and taking off sharply from there.

cubuff's ravatar cubuff    JOINED: 7/29/09    POSTS: 12
RE: My Last Ride Saturday
POSTED: 10/27/09 10:56 AM

Not too familiar with the area, what route will you be doing?

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1718
POSTED: 10/27/09 4:43 PM

"those that actually dont' like us to(o) well." -- Stop knocking those Floridians, and their crazy drivers. :)

Hope to see you there.

rah2774's ravatar rah2774    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 247
POSTED: 10/27/09 5:06 PM

Mark,
I am so sorry to miss it (at your recovery pace I might almost be able to keep up with you... almost), but I'll be at a wedding this weekend... I will be in FL screaming my head off for you all and helping you to celebrate post race!
Love ya, Beck

rdejonck's ravatar rdejonck    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 84
POSTED: 10/28/09 7:38 PM

Mark,
Are you still riding on Sat? I'm sure I have pretty much the same ride on my schedule that you do. Not sure yet if I'll link up with you at Hains Point or M & Wisconsin.

cubuff-
This is a fairly popular ride within the club. I've always started in Georgetown at the corner of M & Wisconsin.
Go up Wisconsin to Resevoir
Turn Left on Reservoir
Continue on Reservoir until it turns into MacArthur
Go up & down & up & down & up & up & up... just stay on MacArthur
Turn right onto Falls Rd (This is at Great Falls)
Turn Left on River Rd (190)
Go up & down & up & down... just stay on River Rd
Turn around at the "T". This is where River Rd dead ends into Seneca
Do what you just did in reverse to get back to Georgetown/Hains Point
Sorry I don't have the mileage or proper cue sheet formatting :)

Ryan

POSTED: 10/28/09 9:08 PM

Ryan,

Yes I am still riding Saturday. Will meet up with you at M & Wisconsin. I will be rolling through thee around 8:30am.

Cbuff-

Ryan just posted the route. It comes out to about 56 miles. like I said we will not be pushing the pace. Ryan and I have Ironman Florida next Saturday, so this is basically a taper ride. Nice easy and smooth. Except for the hills, you have no choice but to push a little on them.

Becks-
Will be looking for you when I come through the transitions. Post race is going to be great. We will have to wait for Tuan to come across also, unless he stomps the dog crap out of me, then you will have to wait for me. Then we can all kick back drink a beer or 3 and realize.... THE SEASON IS OVER!!!!

vatriathlete    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 682
POSTED: 10/28/09 9:21 PM

damn 60 mile taper ride 1 week before an ironman race.... that is hardcore man.

good luck with the ride and race and have fun in the process.

i'm watching tv that day. its the off season for me. lol

macoffman's ravatar macoffman    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 54
POSTED: 10/29/09 10:26 AM

How can I pass up a chance to ride with such a cool people and eat Honey Buns, I'm planning to be there.

Mike

POSTED: 10/29/09 4:08 PM

AWESOME.... MAD MIKE IN DA HOUSE!!!!!

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria