Partner Advertisements
DC Tri Club Forum {dialogue}

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

Moving to DC - IM in a few months!
CREATED: 04/22/12 by emccann72 REPLIES: 5
emccann72    JOINED: 4/22/12    POSTS: 4
Moving to DC - IM in a few months!
POSTED: 4/22/12 4:19 PM

Hi everyone, I am moving to DC in just 5 weeks and am also training for my first IM - NYC on 8/11, so I don't want to miss any training time in the transition. I'm looking forward to finding folks to do long rides and open water swims with, and am not even sure which pools are triathlete friendly, clean, easy to get to by Metro, etc. Any help would be great. I met a few folks at Rumpus last week, and everyone seemed so nice. And of course, looking forward to a happy hour or two... Ellen

dsgrunning's ravatar dsgrunning    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1267
RE: Moving to DC - IM in a few months!
POSTED: 4/22/12 7:46 PM

Look at the "Workout" calendar on this on the main page of the web site. It has all of the weekday and weekend group workouts for s/b/r. There is a long ride on Sat and another one on Sunday that will give you all the mileages that your heart desires :)

Tuan

afava's ravatar afava    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 251
POSTED: 4/23/12 7:28 AM

Ellen, welcome to DC and DC Tri Club! As Tuan suggested, check out the "weekly rides" section under Training. There are groups that go out from DC both Saturday and Sunday mornings. We are having a "Brick-Nic" next Saturday 4/28 in Columbia, MD. If you are here, please plan to come as it will be a great workout and you will meet lots of members. Indicate what races you are doing under the Race section of the website so you connect with others. Shoot me an email if you have any questions (training @ dctriclub.org).

Andrea

tgalbert's ravatar tgalbert    JOINED: 9/30/10    POSTS: 398
POSTED: 4/23/12 12:01 PM

Welcome, Ellen!
I think we met at rumpus last weekend. I'm also doing IMNYC! Come on out to some of our upcoming events (Brick-Nic and happy hours) and you'll be able to meet members that can help you find a group close to you to train with.

Re: pools, where do you live? We have members that train at just about every one of them in the District and Arlington/Alexandria.

Locally there are two decent places for OWS, however they're a bit of a drive: Lake Anna (90 mins) and Sandy Point (60ish on a good day).

We have all sorts of groups that'll be right up your alley.

Best,
Trevor

mosered's ravatar mosered    JOINED: 2/28/09    POSTS: 1655
POSTED: 4/23/12 1:31 PM

You might also want to check out the club's ironman training program, with info about it listed on this site. (And don't forget there's a happy hour this Thursday on the waterfront.)

emccann72    JOINED: 4/22/12    POSTS: 4
POSTED: 4/23/12 2:08 PM

Thanks so much all! I am not going to be there until June 1st, but I will definitely plan on hitting the first happy hour I find :) Bric-nic sounds like a great plan too. OWS is the thing I am worried about, but I'll be going back to NJ a few weekends, so I can catch some then I suppose too. Trevor, it's going to be a great race - I am riding the bike route this Friday afternoon, and it is a beast! So much fun of course. Looking forward to meeting everyone very soon.
Anyone doing the Rev3 Knoxville half on 5/6?

Previous Page   Page: 1   Next Page

New Post

Only logged in and active members of the DC Triathlon Club may post messages on the Forum.

Search Terms

Match Criteria